Things you wish you could say

At this point I'd trade my lazies for aholes and idiots.
You can be as dumb as you want to be but at least do something productive while you're here.
But if they are too dumb to be doing the correct thing, then the productivity means nothing

They do kill people's flower beds and lawns, poop on porches, and sometimes spread diseases from one flock to another (which can be one form of killing.)

And not all dogs kill chickens either.

I think the general rule should be the same for all animals, including both dogs and chickens: keep them on your own property. That might involved a fence around the edge, or it might require a completely enclosed run or kennel with a roof, or it might require wing-clipping chickens or training dogs.
I can agree with this.

But if they are too dumb to be doing the correct thing, then the productivity means nothing
Come on Trip, you'd have to be dumb as a stick to not be able to do my job.
One of the reasons I've made it 10 years is because I love the not having to think much aspect.

There's no point in keeping livestock if you're not going to treat them better than commercial industry. You are not saving any money, so it's not to your benefit. They don't have any clue that you care about them, except for the way you treat them.
Make a mistake, sure. Can't figure out the problem, ok. Can't / won't afford a vet, understood. You want to eat it for dinner, good for you. But STOP TORTURING chickens!

If you "love" them enough to house them in a 2x4ft, you should "love" yourself enough to live in a 6x6ft.
If you "love" them enough to sit with them while they die slowly and painfully, you should love them enough to go get a broomstick.
There are plenty of keepers who wouldn't use the word love in the same sentence as chicken (unless it was a recipe), that treat their chickens better than you.
What part of suffering is so difficult to understand? How can you feel affection but no compassion?

Same horses all the time, or different ones rotating in and out?
Both
There's a few that have been there as long as I have. They change but it's not always frequent. Clients will upgrade horse sometimes. Sometimes the younger ones or older ones will get out of showing and leave. Some horse will come and go with the show season. We have a client with 6 or 7 horses so his rotate to which ones are needed the training at the time.
Sometimes we get brand new ones. A couple days ago...
20240409_093908.jpg

Back
Top Bottom