Things you wish you could say

Yeah, my 4 banger only gets ~20 mpg.....

Eek! How old is it? That must hurt.
Our 40mpg Mazda we picked up at a salvage auction and fixed up came out under 5k with all the parts which is half KBB. And my mom and I had never worked on cars before 😅
I'd be happy to talk about how the process works in a new thread if anyone is curious.

Eek! How old is it? That must hurt.
Our 40mpg Mazda we picked up at a salvage auction and fixed up came out under 5k with all the parts which is half KBB. And my mom and I had never worked on cars before 😅
I'd be happy to talk about how the process works in a new thread if anyone is curious.
'98 and all city miles. I'll take the eek as it has a timing chain as opposed to the belt on the V-6 model.

You can absolutely buy a pickup truck to look at it. But if you run all your errands in a truck, don't use it for work, and then whine about the cost of gas? Yeah, that is not sensible.
gas is too high regardless of what you drive. whether you’re filling up twice a week, or twice a month, we’re all paying too much money for gas.

We are po’ homesteaders.
We’ve always had cash bangers… couldn’t afford much. We finally ended up with a 1999 E150 that could haul supplies, wood, the snowmobiles… an all around vehicle. Cheap insurance…Horrible in snow. RWD. That was its only downfall. In the winter, we had to beg/borrow neighborly help to go anywhere/do anything. It got 13 MPG on its best days.

We finally “did the normal thing” and bought a 2017 minivan. Big Payments! Big insurance bill! Can’t haul much! But, doncha know, we get 20 MPG! Yahoo………..??????

We finally “did the normal thing” and bought a 2017 minivan. Big Payments! Big insurance bill! Can’t haul much! But, doncha know, we get 20 MPG! Yahoo………..??????

What about a sedan? I thought that was the normal choice for basic transport.
I can stuff about as much in our Mazda as we need. Folding all the seats down I got enough 8ft length lumber home for our next coop build, although there were times 12ft would have been better (they won't cut 4x4s, so we went with more 2x4s).

If you trade your minivan in, I bet you could get a comfortable and efficient sedan. Just a suggestion. And goodness gracious do we love the Mazda; a great interior (except for road noise), low insurance due to the crash safety + backup camera / blind spot monitor, gas mileage, zippy driving experience, and reliability.

What about a sedan? I thought that was the normal choice for basic transport.
I can stuff about as much in our Mazda as we need. Folding all the seats down I got enough 8ft length lumber home for our next coop build, although there were times 12ft would have been better (they won't cut 4x4s, so we went with more 2x4s).
You mean those things with the trunk that sticks out in back?

I like hatchbacks much better, because it's easier to put large things in the back. (Same basic shape as an SUV or minivan, with the squared-off back, but the size & gas mileage of a normal car instead of a big truck.)

Back
Top Bottom