Things you wish you could say

It's so true. Finding people who have a good mix of tech and people skills is like finding hen's teeth. They're worth their weight in gold.
I've been a manager. I'm not good at it. I'm super logical/analytical, which makes for a good tech, makes for a good data analyst. Doesn't make for good people skills.

I've been a manager. I'm not good at it. I'm super logical/analytical, which makes for a good tech, makes for a good data analyst. Doesn't make for good people skills.
It's also great to have that self-awareness. One of my senior engineers is the same way. He did time as a manager and is far happier as an engineer. He's an incredibly good mentor and coach and he enjoys that, he just hated the politics and HR parts of leadership.

So on what I need to say: yes my high needs daughter is unique and she needs a ton of attention.... BUT she's so smart and sweet and loving and has the soul of a saint and the spirit of a banshee, and she's so fierce but so sweet and she deserves love just like every other kid.

What is wrong with someone who could be cruel to a child like that? Her energy and attention span isn't her fault and her heart is soooo big!

I did say it though so now we're not talking but good riddance!

Back
Top Bottom