Things I don't feed my chickens😊

Pics
Woke up this morning to find that my son left a huge Ribeye out all night on the kitchen counter. After I finished swearing and clanking around the kitchen loudly, I chopped it up and delivered to the chickens with a side of garlic garbonzo's and a 2022 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. I drank the Pinot waiting for the chicken's review of the meal. Officially it received Chicken Michelin Star 3. Just wanted to add Ribeye to the list of approved Chicken foods. 🤓
The first time I gave the hens a ribeye bone I swear something in their eyes changed. They became full, carnivorous, monsters!! I thought it was fascinating. They have had meat before, but never off the bone, woah!
This morning is raining so i made the chooks a salad topped with their feed mash, scrambled egg (1 egg, 7 hens), a couple sunflower seeds and a little sprinkle of flax seed. They were happy and let me know. Second pic shows coppertop tasting the Lions Mane mushrooms that we grow 🐓❤️

Attachments

• IMG_7797.jpeg
    IMG_7797.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5315.jpeg
    IMG_5315.jpeg
    986.9 KB · Views: 9
The first time I gave the hens a ribeye bone I swear something in their eyes changed. They became full, carnivorous, monsters!! I thought it was fascinating. They have had meat before, but never off the bone, woah!
This morning is raining so i made the chooks a salad topped with their feed mash, scrambled egg (1 egg, 7 hens), a couple sunflower seeds and a little sprinkle of flax seed. They were happy and let me know. Second pic shows coppertop tasting the Lions Mane mushrooms that we grow 🐓❤️
Yes. It is a bit scary watching them with meat on the bone!
Mine got a lamb shank once after we had a roast lamb dinner.
Woah is right!

Esther ate a purple mushroom at the park (literally neon :rolleyes:) and she is fine still. She also regularly eats glass and plastic. And drinks mud. Somehow she is doing great...

Yes. It is a bit scary watching them with meat on the bone!
Mine got a lamb shank once after we had a roast lamb dinner.
Woah is right!
My concern with anything Non chicken feed is the size of said item. I always get nervous some chicken is gonna try and swallow the item when its too big out of excitement and choke 😳 Hasnt happened yet, but was sure after Delicious swallowed a whole toad after bashing it to death. That toad didnt stand a chance! 🐓❤️

My concern with anything Non chicken feed is the size of said item. I always get nervous some chicken is gonna try and swallow the item when its too big out of excitement and choke 😳 Hasnt happened yet, but was sure after Delicious swallowed a whole toad after bashing it to death. That toad didnt stand a chance! 🐓❤️
My hens have eaten several mice in their lives 😳 and I'm pretty sure the mice weren't dead... and BULLFROGS from our pond.

BULLFROGS. BULLFROGS. WHAT. CHOKING HAZARD, MUCH???? THEY'RE HUGE!!!

Woah! Yea, I'd be following that chicken around just to see what comes out the other end! 🤔🤣🐓❤️
oml I have never thought to do that! probably the strangest thing I have caught my hens nomming on is my giant jack-o-lantern (my bantam, Pigeon, was almost fully inside!!!! and it was a jack o lantern, so you get the idea... I can't believe I don't have any pictures of that!

People forget chickens are not herbivours. 🤭 We hang deer carcasses after butchering for the chickens to eat. They go nuts! Its crazy how fast they will have it cleaned down to the bone!

People forget chickens are not herbivours. 🤭 We hang deer carcasses after butchering for the chickens to eat. They go nuts! Its crazy how fast they will have it cleaned down to the bone!
Yes. Great clean up crew.
Just remember - never fall over in the chicken coop!

Back
Top Bottom