These eggs are cursed!

banter

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Raymond Maine
My poor eggs! First they were lost in the mail and traveled all over New England before I got them on day ten! Into the incubator and the temp spiked to 104. Got all under control and 3 chicks hatched yesterday, a day early (Russian Orloff). Today should be "the big hatch" of 15 more eggs. The power went out at six this morning, and the eggs got down to 87 degrees before I woke up and discovered it! Luckily we have a generator. Yikes! what next?

Good luck
Maybe you should name one Murphy after Murghys laws what can go wrong will go wrong.........

Just say that you are geneticly selecting for chicks with superior constitutions. In college I had baby swordfish in a little tank. Somehow the heater got turned up and the water temp got up to about 110. My little swordfish were going crazy,some swimming in circles. I cooled the water by dropping pieces of ice and the little fishies swam close to the cooler water. Sadly,I lost seveal babies, but some lived. I was taking a genetics course at the time and I told my instructor that I selected for heat resistant fish.

All the new babies are exceptionally sturdy. I forgot my Darwin-isn't called "? selection"?
Divine selection? Don't remember.

Back
Top Bottom