The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

While back folks were talking about the female line and male line cockbirds and what they should look like. The pattern would look the same in a BLR...Took a few photos of the pullet line male breeder that I got from Jerry last fall. Critique away :) he has been trimmed in the rear so it does affect the looks of his behind...

For comparison on feather pattern, a male breeder. He also came from Jerry Foley last year.

They are both gorgeous! I cant wait til my pullet line cockerel from Foley fills out.

I see what you are talking about..

I must have a male line..
What about the shoulders? I have noticed that many shoulders are ruff looking. Is that the norm? I have only seen them threw show cages, pictures and I only have one adult male. I love your lacing and how it goes all the way way down. Very nice.

On pullet lines the wing tend to be more laced or completely laced in some cases. Most of the time it is kind of a "fuzzy" lacing like on the boy shown. Definitely a key indicator of pullet line.

My newbies 2 days old.

My newbies 2 days old.

Cute, great pics. Is the rooster an SLW also or another color? Just curious since there is some red on the one chicks head.

I just hatched about 15 chicks from my Wyandotte pen, which has blue BLRW and splash BLRW roosters with both blue and splash BLRW and SLW hens. I think most of the eggs were from the SLW. I was hoping to get some blue laced SLW but had my combo backwards, should have been an SLW rooster over a BLRW hen. Oh well. Just trying to figure out what the color might be on some of these chicks, for now I'll just call them Rainbow Wyandottes :)

Cute, great pics.  Is the rooster an SLW also or another color?  Just curious since there is some red on the one chicks head.

I just hatched about 15 chicks from my Wyandotte pen, which has blue BLRW and splash BLRW roosters with both blue and splash BLRW and SLW hens.  I think most of the eggs were from the SLW.  I was hoping to get some blue laced SLW but had my combo backwards, should have been an SLW rooster over a BLRW hen.  Oh well.  Just trying to figure out what the color might be on some of these chicks, for now I'll just call them Rainbow Wyandottes :)

Look like standard SL chicks. Some will have that coloration.

Cute, great pics.  Is the rooster an SLW also or another color?  Just curious since there is some red on the one chicks head.

I just hatched about 15 chicks from my Wyandotte pen, which has blue BLRW and splash BLRW roosters with both blue and splash BLRW and SLW hens.  I think most of the eggs were from the SLW.  I was hoping to get some blue laced SLW but had my combo backwards, should have been an SLW rooster over a BLRW hen.  Oh well.  Just trying to figure out what the color might be on some of these chicks, for now I'll just call them Rainbow Wyandottes :)

Thanks . Yes the roo is slw. Nice sunny day catches the colours.

Back
Top Bottom