The Red Roof Inn..New coop and Run

AugeredIn

All Fowled Up!
9 Years
My wife, daughter and I have a 90 acre farm in Northwest Florida. It is something we mostly inherited. While I have enjoyed being able to get away for the weekends and my wife likes to be closer to her parents on the weekends, my daughter has been slow to find great interest in the farm. Recently though for some reason the switch on the light bulb in her head went on. I think it was raising six Khaki Campbell ducks and letting them go in the pond at the farm. Since then she has expressed a desire to raise and breed chickens. Chickens are not new to me, but they are to her. This interest has remained strong for a while so I told her we would start with one coop and run and see how it went. I probably got a little carried away given the size but here is the not quite finished coop and run.

63169_coop2.jpg

63169_coop1.jpg

I will upload more pictures and keep the thread updated as I go. We have not decided on a name quite yet, but the daughter likes "RAP Poultry Company - EGGPLANT #1". RAP is all of our first initials.

Phil

you must have some mean carpenter skills....has she picked out her breed of chickens yet? we have always had free run chickens but my grandson has decided he wants some silkies all his own he spent hours today working on his shed to keep them in and his eggs arent even laid yet! he is so excited...I hope your daughter has the same joy in hers my Daniel has in his

I love the red roof. That's what I want on my chicken coop...being built very soon. Our house has a red tile roof, and my ultimate chicken coop roof would be that same tile, but I don't have a source for it. I sure wish I did.

Back
Top Bottom