I found a little piece of Texas in a small groceries store yesterday:
full
I still miss their patty melts!
@Magnolia Ducks @Kiki

How did they manage to chop all this fire-wood? 😜
You know as well as anyone what dux are capable of.
I found a little piece of Texas in a small groceries store yesterday:
full
I still miss their patty melts!
@Magnolia Ducks @Kiki
We have some in Missouri now!
It was a big fluffin deal man when that opened. We were in Springfield one of those first days and traffic was backed up like crazy trying to get in there. I usually get me a whata burgr when i visit my sis in Oklahoma. Pretty good but lawd, the grease!

We're switching the incubator to high humidity, no rotation and non-slip bottom tomorrow night in preparation for Friday's big event.

So today we "candled" (mobiled) the eggs again. For the most part we can see dark and reddish areas and some slight movement, everything as expected.

What came as a surprise was:

1. one egg was only black and white (see photo). We thought ohhh this one is dead... until

2. we got another one just like that, and LOTS of very obvious movement

So now we don't know what to think. Any ideas? Thank you everybody.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2
OK, so no worries about it maybe exploding (if dead) while the others hatch? Sorry if it's a silly question, I'm 100% new to this.
When they get that full of baby, sometimes it's hard to see any movement. I've had eggs like that that have hatched without issues (surprising me).

You can also do a sniff test. I know it's gross, but give it a sniff and if it smells off, it's probably dead.

Back
Top Bottom