born may 2020
spring 21 too young
spring 22 , and 23, i was not sure, and I am still not sure, if my gander and goose are perhaps brother and sister. the local breeder I bought them from as goslings moved away less than a year after I got them. There was no way to contact him anymore, and I wasn’t sure I trusted him anyway because
Originally, I got three goslings from him, (pilgrims are auto sexing,) so I got one male and two females or so we thought, until one of the gray geese turned out to be gander( Pilgrim Gander should be white but this one looked exactly like a female pilgrim ) so I rehomed him as didn’t want two ganders, they were fighting.
therefore i don’t know the history of the parents of my geese - if maybe they could have been brother and sister as well?
But that’s the point- I don’t know. the local breeder mentioned he had several “breeding pens” so I am assuming he only put certain birds together that were not siblings … i hope. 🙏
So I’ve been playing it safe and not letting her hatch any. my plan was to buy another female, pilgrim gosling , and then when she’s grown , let her eggs be the ones to hatch out instead. I even had one already prepaid for along with four ducklings last year when I pre-ordered from metzer late summer, shortly before I found out I had endometrial cancer, and needed surgery. So I canceled the order, no ducklings or gosling for me this year. 😢
but now I am cancer free hallelujah! However, it’s too late ( and expensive anyway) to get a gosling from Metzer., and here is my Trudy goose, who lays her fertile eggs, and hopes to be a mom someday soon…
I figure since I don’t know their parents history, and I’ll never find out if there’s going to be any problems with her babies , unless we try hatching some.
they will hopefully be just fine!! and I need at least one female so I can keep her. the others will go to new homes.
View attachment 3778880
Thank the Good Lord that you are cancer free now. That is wonderful. I have had ducks breed that were siblings before and all was well. I am not sure how it works though with Geese. I pray that the babies hatch out and that all is well with them. Your Goose is a really pretty one! I bet she will have beautiful babies.

Thank the Good Lord that you are cancer free now. That is wonderful. I have had ducks breed that were siblings before and all was well. I am not sure how it works though with Geese. I pray that the babies hatch out and that all is well with them. Your Goose is a really pretty one! I bet she will have beautiful babies.
Thank you so much :love

So I can tell you guys because it's not letting the cat out of the bag but today, with help of my husband I brought my first ever car! I have never had a car in my name before!! (I'm in my 30s) it's been an emotional few months for me
I bought my first car when i was 43 years old. Before i used my parent's car, did not need a car because i was living in downtown or had a corporate car that wasn't in my name…
Here in the USA, there are very few areas where you could survive without a car.

Congratulations on the car, keep the dents and door-dings away! 😏

Wow, Congratulations to you!!! I was 18 when I bought my first one with the cosigner of great parents since I had a good job. I paid for the whole thing myself and was so proud of myself not to have help from them. I am so happy for you!!!!
And none of the other cars was as good as that one, right?

born may 2020
spring 21 too young
spring 22 , and 23, i was not sure, and I am still not sure, if my gander and goose are perhaps brother and sister. the local breeder I bought them from as goslings moved away less than a year after I got them. There was no way to contact him anymore, and I wasn’t sure I trusted him anyway because
Originally, I got three goslings from him, (pilgrims are auto sexing,) so I got one male and two females or so we thought, until one of the gray geese turned out to be gander( Pilgrim Gander should be white but this one looked exactly like a female pilgrim ) so I rehomed him as didn’t want two ganders, they were fighting.
therefore i don’t know the history of the parents of my geese - if maybe they could have been brother and sister as well?
But that’s the point- I don’t know. the local breeder mentioned he had several “breeding pens” so I am assuming he only put certain birds together that were not siblings … i hope. 🙏
So I’ve been playing it safe and not letting her hatch any. my plan was to buy another female, pilgrim gosling , and then when she’s grown , let her eggs be the ones to hatch out instead. I even had one already prepaid for along with four ducklings last year when I pre-ordered from metzer late summer, shortly before I found out I had endometrial cancer, and needed surgery. So I canceled the order, no ducklings or gosling for me this year. 😢
but now I am cancer free hallelujah! However, it’s too late ( and expensive anyway) to get a gosling from Metzer., and here is my Trudy goose, who lays her fertile eggs, and hopes to be a mom someday soon…
I figure since I don’t know their parents history, and I’ll never find out if there’s going to be any problems with her babies , unless we try hatching some.
they will hopefully be just fine!! and I need at least one female so I can keep her. the others will go to new homes.
View attachment 3778880
Birds genetics are not as critical as for example human genetics, meaning offspring from closely related parents is most likely just fine. Issues do occur however when no fresh genes are introduced further down the line.
More important that goslings: I hope you stay free of any more cancer cells…

I planted the potatoes for this year yesterday, perfect timing, it was bone dry yesterday and rained over night. So i did not got stuck yesterday and the potatoes are now sealed in in the ground.
full
First planted potato of the year 2024. - And yes, the camera is all right, i have planted three rows of Peruvian purple potatoes, 42 plants in total.
full
First row planted. The dux and me had some disagreements about the purpose of the little potatoes: They insisted to eat them now, Chaos even dug one back out and tried to swallow it hole with Mayhem and me in pursuit. Potato was saved, replanted and Chaos was banned from the Garden for the rest of the evening.

Back
Top Bottom