Evidently my chickens and ducks do a pretty good job of eating ticks too. It's only when we hike or walk in the woods that we get them on us. Now we're seeing the tiny deer ticks
Ducks are fully sufficient to remove the tick population from around the house! Before we had ducks we were overrun with ticks and stink-bugs, since ducks there are no ticks and only a few stink bugs around the house. Ticks can't fly, so they're a convenient duck-snack, the few stink-bugs that do make it into the house do so flying.

Evidently my chickens and ducks do a pretty good job of eating ticks too. It's only when we hike or walk in the woods that we get them on us. Now we're seeing the tiny deer ticks
If you have anything that looks like hives its Lyme disease. I thought hubby was allergic to the laundry detergent so he had it for 6 weeks before going to the doctor.

I actually asked neighbours before thinking about guineas. They can compete with the roosters, geese, peacocks, other guineas, barking dogs and the odd neighbour, for who is noisiest.
Oh I would would put my WH Frank in that contest. She's 200 yards away in the coop I'm in the house with the widows and doors closed and I can still hear her screaming her name.

Back
Top Bottom