Mornin‘ Y’all. We survived the storms last night. Marble sized hail and strange winds. At ground level, I would guess the wind was less than 40mph. At tree top level, it must have been over 70. This will be a weekend of clean up. We were lucky with wind direction because an 80 foot tree on railroad property snapped in half and fell parallel to the property line . If it had fell 90 degrees counter clockwise, our house and my wife’s car would have been under it.All duckies are fine but they are pissed that I put them up before the storm.

Mornin‘ Y’all. We survived the storms last night. Marble sized hail and strange winds. At ground level, I would guess the wind was less than 40mph. At tree top level, it must have been over 70. This will be a weekend of clean up. We were lucky with wind direction because an 80 foot tree on railroad property snapped in half and fell parallel to the property line . If it had fell 90 degrees counter clockwise, our house and my wife’s car would have been under it.All duckies are fine but they are pissed that I put them up before the storm.
That's awesome that tree went in the opposite direction. A few years ago we had straight-line winds come through here and wreaked havoc in the woods knocking over trees. Taking out power lines around the county.

BEBEs!!! 🐣🐥🐤

I grabbed the wheelbarrow from my work-platform to haul the duck-food and the straw-bales i have recently bought when i noticed Missus Mallard in the Duck-House at the pellet-feeder. Grabbed the wheelbarrow and started walking towards the garage when »peep, peep, peep!« reached my ears…
Missus Mallard has brought her three little ducklings over here!
At the moment it is raining outside, will try to snatch a couple of pictures or videos later. Momma and bebes walked off to the pond...

Here you go! - It was like Sodom and Gomorrah in the duck-yard this afternoon! Flauschi Duck was yelling »Alien Intruders!« - Last Year's Ducks were scared by the little two legged »mice« and huddled the patio - Mr. Limpy was rasping »it wasn't me!« - All while we had one shower after the other during the day and it felt like in an incubator outside.

Back
Top Bottom