The good news from here, spring has sprung! - The strawberries are growing explosively:
full
And their first flowers shown up:
full

One thing that i always tell my younger colleagues: »Never feel humiliated when asking for help! - There will always be more things you don't know than things you do know.«
I had a 3 yr old in children’s church a few weeks ago I couldn’t understand a word she said. :idunno

Have you ever sown Carrots? - These seeds are a pita due to their small size! But i have found a nice trick to sow them simple and economically:
  • I cut some small stripes (¼") out of an advertisement, printed on really cheap paper
  • Then i took a small tube of washable school-glue and deposited tiny drops along the stripes of paper
  • Sprinkled the carrot seeds across and mostly one seed stuck to the glue drops
The result:
full

Finally i have planted these paper-strips into one of my raised beds, time will tell:
full
Left to right: Onions, Salad, Carrots, Salad, Peppers (in the cold frame), Carrots and again, Onions.

During the summer, you will have much longer hours of sunshine than we have here. The area where i am from in Germany is on the same latitude than yours and i am missing the really late sunsets during high-summer…
Thank you for making me feel better.

Now can someone take the rest of this snow away? Please?

Back
Top Bottom