Good morning. Doesn't look too bad out there, from my trailer. Of course, I haven't actually gone out yet!
I went out and opened the pop door on both coops 2 Runners my goose and a few chickens came out by the time I had filled their feeders the 2 Runners had run back into the coop. I am trying to figure out a way to have water and feed inside. I worry they aren't going to eat and drink much since they don't want to come outside and it's only 12* but this is without windchill. Dropping to -0 Poor babies.

Hope all are trying to stay warm as much as possible. Let our flock out this morning, they was confused when I opened the door and they seen the snow. But they came on out and started laying in it. Gave them their food, which they usually gobble up quick, but they just ate a bit. Already had to break the ice in their water bucket, they was hanging out under my Truck when I went to check on them, silly sucks. Here is a picture of right after I let them out this morning. We were very concerned as temps hit 0 here, with like -20 wind-chill last night and this morning. Was like 2 when I let them out, says 5 now. Hoping they all make it, so far so good.

Attachments

• PXL_20221223_160401340.jpg
    PXL_20221223_160401340.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 1
Aww bless them. Where are they sleeping?

Good frigid Morning and Evening.
Sometimes they sleep on my pond, but they also have other places, like i suspect them to sit in the crawl-space under the church building…
I haven't made it to the pond today, the cold is just too dangerous, i released the ducks just wearing a jacket and my ears and hands were red and hurting after just minutes outside in the wind.

I went out and opened the pop door on both coops 2 Runners my goose and a few chickens came out by the time I had filled their feeders the 2 Runners had run back into the coop. I am trying to figure out a way to have water and feed inside. I worry they aren't going to eat and drink much since they don't want to come outside and it's only 12* but this is without windchill. Dropping to -0 Poor babies.
The ducks here refuse to leave their house, they all huddle together and stay out of the wind…
full

full

From time to time some of them walk outside into the run, grab some pellets, sip some water (TG i have the heating cables in the water!), rush back inside and retract the landing gear asap.

Back
Top Bottom