I have made the greatest experiences with simple, cheap heat-pads like this:
View attachment 3308093

Remove the fabric, place it on the floor, cover with some bedding, connect it to an outlet and set the heat to medium. If it is really cold, place a card-board box with a cut-out door on top of it, like in this video below:
The inner part of the pad is waterproof and easy to clean. These pads will to become hot enough to burn a duckling or start a fire.
Thank you for this idea, didn’t even think about that as an option. They are gaining size quickly as ducklings do, so I just got to get them in the bigger area soon. If it was like it was this summer I really would just be fine probably putting them outside in the house without any heat even, last ones we did wait til they were about 3-4 weeks before we moved them into the house outside, kept them contained for a couple weeks in there and when we finally let them out they integrated nicely. Kept a close eye on them and they required absolutely no heat, but was about the temp in the day now that at night it was. Sure they would be fine without heat during the days right now, so it is the nights I’m concerned with keeping them comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom