I've already started the yearly 'bring home dying chicks from work every day and see if I can save them' routine.

So far I've brought home A LOT of chicks. Have saved two turkeys, about seven bantams, an australorp pullet, a barred rock, and two brahmas out of all of them.

Also, we hate the new brooder system. It sucks. The chicks can't get warm enough, I've had to rescue two chicks out of the feeder trough that they managed to get into, and so far my coworkers have found at least four that got into the water trough and drowned. And last night a brahma launched itself out of the top brooder while the door was opened and killed itself.
Just of curiosity, where do you rescue the chicks from?

I've already started the yearly 'bring home dying chicks from work every day and see if I can save them' routine.

So far I've brought home A LOT of chicks. Have saved two turkeys, about seven bantams, an australorp pullet, a barred rock, and two brahmas out of all of them.

Also, we hate the new brooder system. It sucks. The chicks can't get warm enough, I've had to rescue two chicks out of the feeder trough that they managed to get into, and so far my coworkers have found at least four that got into the water trough and drowned. And last night a brahma launched itself out of the top brooder while the door was opened and killed itself.
I didn't think you guys were technically in spring yet! I'm sort of glad feed stores here really only do baby chicks by order.

Just chilling with the flock this morning. Hubs has gone to city so is bringing back duck finisher which will hopefully fill up the bottomless pit pekins (seperated and still locked up). And Hamburger (the white rooster I was expecting to have more spots by now) has become a shadow rooster. Even though Dino (silver wyandotte, shortest roo tail I ever did see) is the dominant rooster, who has full respect for me, Hamburger doesn't so I guess he plans to take me down to dominate Dino.
20210313_094417.jpg
20210313_094320.jpg
20210313_094903.jpg

Back
Top Bottom