For some reason, those sharp little hoofs can walk in places our big flat feet can’t go. Swamps don’t even slow them down.

However, your well thought out plan assumes we have an area we could drive them out of into the swamp. I don’t think you understand how thick the underbrush is and how large the tracts of forest are.
I have horrible memories of how thick that underbrush is... Dad used to make me play the dog and flush things out of the brush. I once nearly got horned when I disturbed a big buck that didn't want to be disturbed (I think I was 12 or 13) Dad kept yelling at me to get out of the line of fire, all I was interested in was getting out of the buck's path. My feet got tangled and I went down. Thankfully the buck went the other way and got away.

:lau
You could come here and shoot deer, turkey, foxes and raccoons from the bathroom window, while sitting on the throne!

Now you guys made me hungry for some deer meat! I haven't eaten deer in 8 years because you cannot buy it anywhere here in the U.S. and no restaurants are serving venison.
I need to learn how to hunt, already learned that this long pipe is not the scope, but must be pointed at the target… 😉
Venison with cranberrys wine and maple syrup.

This is really gorgeous

This time of the year, but it can still kill you if you don’t understand the swamp. It’s a floating bog, so if you step somewhere there isn’t tree roots you will find yourself floating under the bog, only to be dug up in 50,000 years by a peat mining corporation.

If it was summer there is nothing to worry about from the bog because the foot long mosquitoes would suck you dry of blood before you got to the bog.

What @rjohns39 said is true about how thick the underbrush is and how tight the deer will sit as you walk by them. You need to almost step on them to see them.

I have horrible memories of how thick that underbrush is... Dad used to make me play the dog and flush things out of the brush. I once nearly got horned when I disturbed a big buck that didn't want to be disturbed (I think I was 12 or 13) Dad kept yelling at me to get out of the line of fire, all I was interested in was getting out of the buck's path. My feet got tangled and I went down. Thankfully the buck went the other way and got away.

Last time I got tangled in the underbrush was out mushroom hunting a year ago September. I saw some wild grapes and decided I needed a snack. I went into the grape and brush mixed vines and started eating grapes. Only to upset a hornets nest, that called the grape vines home.

I turned to run and got about three steps before I fell. But the incentive to get up and run was strong. I got nailed 23 times before I got out of there.

I would rather upset a buck.

Hey everybody I hope you had a great day ducking.
I have a few things to say.
I love The Quack Shack and all the quacking we do!
Here is my big news and a great viewing of my flock. Sorry your having to leave it all behind😢
This video is unlisted and only viewable here in The Quack Shack.

What’s going to happen to all the ducks?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom