Im using pine flakes (the large kind, not the finer stuff) but they spend most of the day in the run. I guess he still could have ingested a smaller piece. If he does have something, how would I get it out? Can I just massage his neck? What do you recommend for coop bedding? What about horse pellets?

If she has been out on grass it may be that too, gosling's chew on all sorts of stuff, so who knows. If you locate a bump along the neck you would, with your fingertips, guide it slowly back down the neck. I know some people give a few drops of olive oil in a scenario like this, I'd have to look into it more, I think there are times where it's more destructive than beneficial.

I love the farm but I'm not comfortable with the town yet. I think the last town just set the bar too high. But honestly I really love this house so I will find away to enjoy it.View attachment 2151351View attachment 2151354between the dams, creek and marshes, we have so many birds!! The masses of ducks are pretty cool.
View attachment 2151357 this little shed is over 120years old and use to be the general store here. There's lots of cool little buildings like this around here.
I love it.

If she has been out on grass it may be that too, gosling's chew on all sorts of stuff, so who knows. If you locate a bump along the neck you would, with your fingertips, guide it slowly back down the neck. I know some people give a few drops of olive oil in a scenario like this, I'd have to look into it more, I think there are times where it's more destructive than beneficial.

The little gosling seems to be doing better this afternoon. I massaged his neck a bit this morning but didn't feel anything (though I'm not exactly sure what I was feeling for) so I think whatever was stuck may have resolved on it's own. Whew! I haven't had the best luck with ducks so far, so a sick goose right off the bat would have really made me think I'm a horrible waterfowl caregiver. Thanks again for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom