We have hatchling! I'm not sure what yet, but I see some Marans @SilksterTN :D

20200427_082133.jpg

Did you keep the marked eggs separate? The olive eggers will be sex linked :) Looks like a good hatch!
No, no separation. These are all for me though, so I'm not too worried about it. It's kind of hard to see, but i think there are 1 splash, 2 blue, 2 black Marans. 1 female OE and then a couple Ayam Cenani x Marans crossesof my own. Very good looking birds, nice and spunky. It's still "early" too so I'm sure there'll be more this afternoon.

No, no separation. These are all for me though, so I'm not too worried about it. It's kind of hard to see, but i think there are 1 splash, 2 blue, 2 black Marans. 1 female OE and then a couple Ayam Cenani x Marans crossesof my own. Very good looking birds, nice and spunky. It's still "early" too so I'm sure there'll be more this afternoon.
All of the OE will be blue. That sorta makes it more of a guessing game LOL I'm glad they are hatching well for you :)

Here they are! Well, 5 out of 6 anyway. The 6th duck literally just hatched a few minutes ago, so he's still in the incubator for a while. One little guy was shrink wrapped all night. When we went to bed, he was almost out of the shell, so i didn't think much of it. This morning he was still half way out with his head stuck to one end of the shell and his back stuck to the other. I should have just taken the shell off real quick before bed, ugh. He's good now, though.

The 6th duck is yellow, so I have 4 fawn & white, and looks to me like one blue and one black runner? All of the blue/black runner duckling pictures on google don't have any yellow on them, but mine have yellow chests. Is that weird?

IMG_2934.jpeg

IMG_2932.jpeg

Here they are! Well, 5 out of 6 anyway. The 6th duck literally just hatched a few minutes ago, so he's still in the incubator for a while. One little guy was shrink wrapped all night. When we went to bed, he was almost out of the shell, so i didn't think much of it. This morning he was still half way out with his head stuck to one end of the shell and his back stuck to the other. I should have just taken the shell off real quick before bed, ugh. He's good now, though.

The 6th duck is yellow, so I have 4 fawn & white, and looks to me like one blue and one black runner? All of the blue/black runner duckling pictures on google don't have any yellow on them, but mine have yellow chests. Is that weird?

View attachment 2111004

View attachment 2111005
Yellow chest usually means it will be bibbed. Where The yellow is will be white feathers.

Back
Top Bottom