Has he been in water? Muscovy are not as water proof as other domestics. I'd keep them out of water when temps get below freezing. Mine haven't had a pool since first of the week. What washing they do is in their water buckets. Put him inside the coop out of the weather.

N
Has he been in water? Muscovy are not as water proof as other domestics. I'd keep them out of water when temps get below freezing. Mine haven't had a pool since first of the week. What washing they do is in their water buckets. Put him inside the coop out of the weather.
o, just the creek, they only walk through the creek to come over to the yard. The creek is only up to there feet, they don't go into the deeper parts.

You may need to get a heat lamp or either better insulate their coop.
The coops connected in three parts. If they need heat they can go into a corner room of the coop, I have a bed with straw and hay for the ducks, I have some perches and nest boxes with straw for the chickens and some fencing near the door of the coop, small fencing just to let some wind in, which has boarding in case it gets "to cold" and a run with a strong wire to hold in foxes, it was previously a neighbors foxes run for his foxes, so it holds off predators very well.

Back
Top Bottom