Good Morning everyone. Chris the problem I saw was if someone wanted to be mean not any one on this chat group but it could easily Be a problem. Let’s just forget it now. Dark as smut here.
Sounds like a good idea.
Dark and wet here. Hopefully it's not raining all day. I'm behind on my chores and the shack needs some attention.

Your KC Kayla? That’s sad:( so sorry.
Well, I think he’s actually a KC mix, but yep.
Uh oh... That's too bad if you cuss. :(

I'm so sorry, Kayla. :hugs That's awful. :( I pray he comes back!! :fl
Thanks Elly :hugs
On very rainy days, do y'all just let the chickens out like normal? I'd like to think they are smart enough to get cover when needed, but find then standing in the rain like it's nothing. I'm actually running late letting them out today because I know their all going to get wet.
Ducks get out but chickens don’t. I worry that it’ll be easier for a predator to get them while they’re distracted by the rain. Plus, lesser risk of respiratory issues if they stay all nice and dry in their coop. :wee

Mine have lots of places to get out of the rain if they want but some do like to get wet. If it’s warm it’s not so bad.
Ducks get out but chickens don’t. I worry that it’ll be easier for a predator to get them while they’re distracted by the rain. Plus, lesser risk of respiratory issues if they stay all nice and dry in their coop
The ducks I don't worry about very much. As nasty as dux can be, they sure are hardy. The rest of the bunch worries me though. I leave the shack open all day, and there's plenty of stuff to hide under. Maybe I'll wait till it warms up outside some this morning.

I think the Silkies like to get wet. At first I thought they just didn't know better, but now I think they like it.

I found the turkey huddled under our peach tree yesterday, hiding from the rain. I'll have to get a picture of this tree, but it literally wouldn't hide a Serama! It's got like 7 leaves and the main trunk is thumb thick. Yet, all 6 turkey where hunkered down under it. :th

Back
Top Bottom