Chris I just caught on who that guy in Florida is :old

I think I'll send him up to @duluthralphie since it's not a Dux!
:D:D:D
I would love to just have a bachelor flock. Though the hens do have some amazing personalities. Peaches, the Dorking is just like a good cat. She follows me everywhere, crisscrosses my feet while I walk, and loves being touched. She jumps on me anytime I stop and talks to me all the time. I can't say I've had a roster bond with me like she has.

Actually, she's become so special to me, I don't think I'll get another Dorking. I'd rather be ignorantly bliss that all Dorkings are that sweet. That sounds strange now that I'm putting it in words, but she's closer to an ESA to me than just a sweet chicken.

I was hoping you'd said something like "not sure, takes 3 months, wait for an egg"...
I'm pretty sure my most frizzled chick is a boy. It's getting some color in the comb.

View attachment 1958208 View attachment 1958207

Is this chick from my eggs? I only hatched one frizzle all season, and it was male. :(
It’s much easier to compare them to each other, to tell gender. But usually my girls feather out faster than the boys. The boys combs seem to pop out overnight, and become obvious. I still have a few that I’m undecided on.

I hope the Scovies come out okay. When I lived in MO I remember sub zero temps, but I think that was mostly from wind chill. I don't remember ever hearing about a frostbite warning though.

How long and where did you live in Mo?

People are seldom normal after living in Mo..... I am the exception.

That is such a cute picture.

My goose was honking up a storm so I go out to see what has her so upset and my 2 cochin roos are fighting. First time this has happened. Missy always lets me know if anything out of normal is going on, Mating too. lol
So I think I am going to have a decision to make very soon on who stays. I was hoping it would be spring before this happened. So anyone want a beautiful Cochin Bantam rooster.

Oh my!!!

You have a goose too?

How long did you live in Mo?

You have my sympathy.

What guy in Florida? I had to skip some pages I was way behind..

Is this chick from my eggs? I only hatched one frizzle all season, and it was male. :(
It’s much easier to compare them to each other, to tell gender. But usually my girls feather out faster than the boys. The boys combs seem to pop out overnight, and become obvious. I still have a few that I’m undecided on.
Indeed it is! :D If it is a boy, he'll be staying here. I have 2 more with twisted feathers, but much more subtle than the one pictured. In general though, the pictured chick has the largest and most colored comb so far.

I need to do a photo shoot with them all. Between stress and illness, I've been slacking on a lot of things.
:oops:

:D:D:D
I would love to just have a bachelor flock. Though the hens do have some amazing personalities. Peaches, the Dorking is just like a good cat. She follows me everywhere, crisscrosses my feet while I walk, and loves being touched. She jumps on me anytime I stop and talks to me all the time. I can't say I've had a roster bond with me like she has.

Actually, she's become so special to me, I don't think I'll get another Dorking. I'd rather be ignorantly bliss that all Dorkings are that sweet. That sounds strange now that I'm putting it in words, but she's closer to an ESA to me than just a sweet chicken.

come on up here and I can load you up with roosters....

I had a bad year hatching and mainly have roosters.

Back
Top Bottom