The Old Folks Home

Hens are enjoying the sunny 64F day and so are we! IMG_1054.jpeg

I just got back from Moffitt Urgent Care. I began breaking out, in hives, which is a side effect of the chemo, and something that is to be checked immediately. Well, surprise-surprise, it's NOT hives. Lucky me, I've got shingles. The lowered immunity from the chemo, sometimes allows the shingles virus to rear it's ugly head.
Well, my goodness, if it's not one thing it's another. I'm sorry Clue. My daughter struggles with them occasionally.

I'm off for another round of chemo today. I see the doctor first, so she may decide to delay the infusion. It's actually an option. This stuff can be given either 3 weeks on, 1 week off, OR 2 weeks on, 1 week off, depending on how well it's tolerated. I'm not sure that shingles indicate an actual intolerance of the chemo itself, since it's a viral thing, but the body can only handle so much at one time. We shall see.

I just got back from Moffitt Urgent Care. I began breaking out, in hives, which is a side effect of the chemo, and something that is to be checked immediately. Well, surprise-surprise, it's NOT hives. Lucky me, I've got shingles. The lowered immunity from the chemo, sometimes allows the shingles virus to rear it's ugly head.
I read an article once that said most seniors close to death get shingles(This is not your situation!)

It sounds terrible!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom