The Old Folks Home

I have a banana tree too that I need to get mulched tomorrow. It will bear full size bananas if I take good care of it. It will die back to the ground level and grow back up taller every year. We had 3 15° nights last spring and it survived. I thought is was dead for sure but one day I happened to be out to were it was planted and it was taller that it had been before. I'm going to mulch it with tree park and pine straw. Should be enough to keep it growing.

I have a banana tree too that I need to get mulched tomorrow. It will bear full size bananas if I take good care of it. It will die back to the ground level and grow back up taller every year. We had 3 15° nights last spring and it survived. I thought is was dead for sure but one day I happened to be out to were it was planted and it was taller that it had been before. I'm going to mulch it with tree park and pine straw. Should be enough to keep it growing.
Awesome!!!!

This is a Heat Master brand; don't know if that matters. Will they work when the power goes out?
Should be good one especially if it is the version with secondary burn of the wood gasses. That is what makes stoves very efficient and clean. I'm sure it can smoke when it is first started since you have to get the chamber up to high temp. Once there the wood isn't actually burning but getting so hot it gassifies. Now if they aren't burning it that hot it will be a lot less efficient and will likely smoke more. Generally speaking you start these things in the fall and burn 24 hours a day til spring.

I don't think the furnace needs power to run but it does to circulate the hot water to the house. Though maybe it does need power to control the temp with motorized dampers.

Back
Top Bottom