The Old Folks Home

The only all flock I can get around here is crumbles.
I buy a local brand of chicken and alpaca feed - Poulin (though I saw a truck down in PA I think when we came back from DD1's wedding in VA). Now that I have a rooster I don't feed layer anymore. Poulin doesn't have an all flock so I'm feeding grower. It isn't called pellets but "crumblet", they seem to be about the same size as the layer pellets though.

Found this in my Mom's cookbook.
Looks about right. Which kid is you?

No its not hard, It's impossible. I have some feed in the van with the opening end facing out. Then end of the bag can be opened laying on its side into a 5 gallon bucket. I/2 bucket at a time with only my left arm. Once I can get back on the John Deere I can fill 5 buckets at at a time and haul them to the coops that way. I filled a bucket half full today with scratch that way and threw that out for the layers. Those girls were bust a gut full and still cleaned up the scratch. They eat so much they are going to need belly bras. They wobble worse than ducks now when they run after making pigs of themselves.
Yesterday I cleaned out the little run I have for the Hens. I moved quite a few buckets out. It did get to be tiring after awhile!

The hens are much happier now but I do need to get some more straw now.

Back
Top Bottom