The Old Folks Home

relying more on the reputation of the brands for higher consumer price, and continues sales. It's being noticed now.
When I read your original post I was thinking "Aren't Marantz and Denon HIGH quality?" They used to be, now we know why they aren't anymore. The company will slowly go broke selling junk for big money

Tell me about it! He's been remodeling the kitchen for two years so there is no hood. He's supposed to, when doing ANY cooking or baking, turn on the bathroom fan, shut my office door, put the drape over the brooder, and open two windows even if it's -20F. I have two macaw parrots in my office and eight one-week-old silkies in the living room brooder.
Gotta ask, why no hood yet, after 2 years? Seems like even a cheap one that doesn't vent outdoors until he is ready for a good one would be better than the current plan. Turning on the bathroom fan just pulls any smoke/smells out of the kitchen and into other areas of the house.

Tell me about it! He's been remodeling the kitchen for two years so there is no hood. He's supposed to, when doing ANY cooking or baking, turn on the bathroom fan, shut my office door, put the drape over the brooder, and open two windows even if it's -20F. I have two macaw parrots in my office and eight one-week-old silkies in the living room brooder.

When I came running out of the bedroom, he was running around doing everything after the fact and apologizing so I couldn't get too upset. We've only had these parrots for 20 years. Rules are the same for them as baby chicks.
I hope the exhaust fan is in soon! Those parrots definitely can't be in smoke.

I installed a quiet and cool whole house fan. It is nice! I ran it yesterday when i baked bread and roasted coffee beans. I also ran the vent but it does not work as well.

Gotta ask, why no hood yet, after 2 years? Seems like even a cheap one that doesn't vent outdoors until he is ready for a good one would be better than the current plan. Turning on the bathroom fan just pulls any smoke/smells out of the kitchen and into other areas of the house.
Our house is 42 years old, and when we bought it 7 years ago, was original with not one thing done in all that time.

He tore the walls out/down in kitchen, living room, and hallway, then sheet-rocked it all. He still works full-time (electrician) and comes home to my "honey do" list of things so it's one thing after the other around here and most recently, residing one side of our house due to 2 new picture windows he hung. Sounds easy, but he had to rip the cedar boards himself.

Right now, my list is: he's got to redo plastic on the kennel attached to the coop so chickens can come out in the nasty winter days, build me a chicken hutch for a temp coop pen, and do something about the windows in my office/parrot room as it gets so dang cold in here! I haven't nagged about the kitchen because there have been so many other priorities.

The bathroom vent he direct-vented it outside with the drier vent.

He promises this winter he'll finish it. He retires in 6 months, so fingers crossed!

Our house is 42 years old, and when we bought it 7 years ago, was original with not one thing done in all that time.

He tore the walls out/down in kitchen, living room, and hallway, then sheet-rocked it all. He still works full-time (electrician) and comes home to my "honey do" list of things so it's one thing after the other around here and most recently, residing one side of our house due to 2 new picture windows he hung. Sounds easy, but he had to rip the cedar boards himself.

Right now, my list is: he's got to redo plastic on the kennel attached to the coop so chickens can come out in the nasty winter days, build me a chicken hutch for a temp coop pen, and do something about the windows in my office/parrot room as it gets so dang cold in here! I haven't nagged about the kitchen because there have been so many other priorities.

The bathroom vent he direct-vented it outside with the drier vent.

He promises this winter he'll finish it. He retires in 6 months, so fingers crossed!
It sounds like retirement will be full time at your place!

Back
Top Bottom