The Old Folks Home

Make sure it isn't a scam. Yes, they come on the mail too.
Looks pretty official to me, even has my social on it in the taxpayer ID number. DW got one as well since we file joint. Called this morning, they are too busy with my kind of problem (got a letter saying we own money) to talk, call back later. Not even an opportunity to die on hold or leave a call back number.

Morning all.

Bruce, I would think that if the IRS is going to send you something like that wouldn't they send it via registered mail?

Be careful. We have friends who had something similar happen on they got a check from the IRS that they didn't think they had coming. They called, and called and called and suddenly got informed that their business was going to get audited. They sure did and by the time they were through the IRS didn't owe them anything but they owed the IRS a HUGE amount. My friend said. I wish we would have just kept the money and kept our mouths shut.

Moral is, don't protest TOO much. It can always get worse when dealing with the IRS..

Morning all. Got an email from a friend of mine back in IL. She works for her husband in his office like I worked with my husband. She told us the little piece of useless belly button lint that stole 50,000 dollars from us got arrested again. She didn't tell us the details so I called the circuit clerks office and asked them what was going on and does this mean our restitution checks will stop.

Nope. She got arrested for being late with one of our checks, got fined 500 dollars plus a couple hundred in court fines and has to appear in front of a judge on Friday. Oh, and by the way, we are getting a much bigger check this month.:celebrateSCORE!

@Cynthia12 stay safe. I am so sorry to hear that your family is sick with Covid. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Please folks don't trust the vaccine by itself. Mask up. Even getting sick from it and only getting a 'milder form' is going to kick you in the seat of your pants, confine you for 10 days or more, mess up your life for that time and yes, even have the potential of putting you in the hospital for a few days. Which is what it is doing to folks here.

A mask is an inconvenience, granted but getting sick is even a bigger one especially with flu and cold season here.

Looks pretty official to me, even has my social on it in the taxpayer ID number. DW got one as well since we file joint. Called this morning, they are too busy with my kind of problem (got a letter saying we own money) to talk, call back later. Not even an opportunity to die on hold or leave a call back number.
Check for all the clues that it might be a scam. Send a check? Where? Pay online? What's the addy?

coop project I'll be working on off and on, travel trailer to coop conversion,

Attachments

• 100_0325.JPG
    100_0325.JPG
    597.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0326.JPG
    100_0326.JPG
    542.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0327.JPG
    100_0327.JPG
    656.1 KB · Views: 1
  • back area.JPG
    back area.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 1
  • front area.JPG
    front area.JPG
    450.5 KB · Views: 1
  • mid area.JPG
    mid area.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 1
With everyone feeling so poorly I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'm feeling pretty okay right now. It's like none of the night mare of last month happened. Only it did and yes, I am still watching what I eat and do. But I really do feel better. Knock on wood, cross fingers.
Don't feel bad about it. I'm normally in excellent health which leaves me basically speechless when other's are ill. The stroke this year was an odd occurrence, and when I contacted the nurse at the VA this morning asking if anyone else reported intestinal problems she said only a couple of cases of food poisoning. I was told to go to Urgent Care nearby if it lasts much longer, butt, it seems to be easing off now.

Back
Top Bottom