The Old Folks Home

Few days back put my JG/Nn cross rooster, JG hen, and a old polish and Easter egger in also so they weren't lonely different color eggs so I can pick out JG eggs. Put them in just a dog kennel I made into a coop. Had the thought back before I just got on or maybe before BYC that the Easter egger was my worst one getting out of the coop and roosting in trees every night. Thought well this has eight foot tall walls and she's several yrs old now should be ok. Went out at dark, EE and polish both roosting on top of the cage.
Knocked them both in went in to get scissors cut one EE wing couldn't find polish anywhere looked with flashlight everywhere. Next morn saw she was in coop apparently beings she so small must have been hiding behind rooster that night. Came home from work, saved her from her hanging and cut one wing. She's stayed ground level since.
Silly hens shouldn't have spurs :lau she was fine she's my only calm bird
Screenshot_20210626-221522_Gallery.jpg

Caught something in my fox trap. Not what I was hoping for. Let it go.
Screenshot_20210626-221627_Gallery.jpg

Don't think I mentioned had broody mallard hatch nine Peking and Peking Peking mallard crosses few weeks back
Screenshot_20210626-221755_Gallery.jpg

I had chicken pox as a young child, my younger brother got it too but, our older sister never did. My brother is diabetic & has cardiac issues, and he had shingles. I think that was the worst thing for him. But he "toughs" everything out.

We both have gotten the Shingrex (think I spelled that wrong)- oh well. Had to get two shots (over a period of time for that) My brother uses his Walmart pharmacy. The pharmacist well knows his health situation and put the second shot away for my brother knowing so many places ran out of them.

I think I have probably gotten every shot that was "out there." I've been trying to convince myself not to be afraid of getting them. So far it has worked out. Of course at our Target, they used to give $ 5. vouchers with most shots, for folks to spend in the store. I love shopping.
I had chicken pox young 4 I think. Have a couple scars from it. Actually look like bullet wounds on my chest by collar bone. Think someday when I get older I'll definitely get shingles vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom