The Old Folks Home

I have a shovel-blade track that needs to be done, if someone's volunteering. :) It's for the steel strip edging along the driveway to delineate planting from road and retain the bark mulch. Easy enough, I figure, as it only needs to go down about 2 inches and then I rubber mallet the strip into the crevice. It'll probably take more time siting the line for straightness.

Fall is a hectic time here as we're finishing up harvesting and putting the veggie compound into sleep mode and trying to tidy things up while the leaves start their descent from the trees, all the while things still need watering and tending. Seems like endless daily maintenance.
(Not complaining as I'm glad I have the physical ability to still do things. However, the nip in the air does put the creak in the knees....)

God knows how difficult this year has been and gave us a gift to take our minds off of it. Fall is happening with exceptional beauty this year.
Our drive:
Tree front 7 101020.JPG
Oak leaves:
Oak leaves 101020.JPG
Cutleaf sumac:
Sumac Cutleaf 3 101020.JPG
Hazelnut leaves (from Arbor Day):
Hazelnut leaves 101020.JPG
Highbush Cranberry:
Highbush Cranberry 6 101020.JPG
Sweet spire:
Sweet Spire H Garnet 2 101020.JPG
Virginia creeper:
Virginia creeper 2 101020.JPG
Balloon flower seed pods:
Balloon Flower seed pods 101020.JPG
Soloman's Seal:
Soloman's Seal Woodland 2 101020.JPG

I have a shovel-blade track that needs to be done, if someone's volunteering. :) It's for the steel strip edging along the driveway to delineate planting from road and retain the bark mulch. Easy enough, I figure, as it only needs to go down about 2 inches and then I rubber mallet the strip into the crevice. It'll probably take more time siting the line for straightness.

Fall is a hectic time here as we're finishing up harvesting and putting the veggie compound into sleep mode and trying to tidy things up while the leaves start their descent from the trees, all the while things still need watering and tending. Seems like endless daily maintenance.
(Not complaining as I'm glad I have the physical ability to still do things. However, the nip in the air does put the creak in the knees....)
I hope the stripping goes well!

I am getting ready for the weekly grocery shopping.

God knows how difficult this year has been and gave us a gift to take our minds off of it. Fall is happening with exceptional beauty this year.
Our drive:
View attachment 2367658
Oak leaves:
View attachment 2367659
Cutleaf sumac:
View attachment 2367661
Hazelnut leaves (from Arbor Day):
View attachment 2367666
Highbush Cranberry:
View attachment 2367667
Sweet spire:
View attachment 2367668
Virginia creeper:
View attachment 2367669
Balloon flower seed pods:
View attachment 2367671
Soloman's Seal:
View attachment 2367677
Very nice Fall pictures!

Actually, Mules jump differently than horses. Horses jump from a running start. Mules jump from a standstill. They walk up to the hurdle, stop and then jump over like they are on springs.

They have a Mule Festival north of us every year...well, every normal year and Mule Jumping is a big draw.

Morning all. Pumpkin bread for breakfast. Coffee on board, ready to face the day!
I like it better when I don't have to roll out of bed until ten or so. This noise early makes me grumpy. I am officially an old fogey.

Back
Top Bottom