The Old Folks Home

Yeah, we’ve had foxes come around a few times and hang around for a bit, usually anywhere from a few days to a week or two, but then they move on :confused:

They’ll circle the coop, etc. and one climbed on top but never try to get in. We even had one literally just hanging around in the back garden almost sunbathing? I’m sure he was watching the birds.

We’ve had raccoons try to get in too. Never had an issue with the coyotes though as they tended to stay in the front half of the yard/property but this year we had one stroll by a few times. Just a drive by so to speak but I’m sure it was seeing if any were out.

Anyway, this spring or early summer ish ? I actually lost 3 of my older girls in one day to something 😭 I am pretty sure it was either a fox or coyote family learning to hunt since they took 3 and there was a feather trail from one of the birds which I was told could be a pup dragging it? But idk.

That was the first time in 5 years we’ve had a potential coyote issue though. Usually it’s foxes, coins, and our biggest threat by far has actually been hawks!! We have so many and I let mine free range a lot.

We never really had many predators though until the dog died 😭😭
What do the coins do to the chickens? :lau

Back
Top Bottom