The Old Folks Home

OK Caught up. The chickens have settled in and we got two eggs already one from each hen. The Roo is under a year and spends his time hiding from the hens. Not from the same flock.
Hes going to be pretty though when he grows up. nine weeks old and nary a crow.

From left to right; a Cream Legbar, a Black Laced Wyandot & a Delaware Roo. It was 105 degrees that day and they were almost to The heat stress point. The hens are just about two years old and the roo is 10 weeks old. when he stands up hes a bit taller than the hens.
THey arre on the back patio under full shade and a smaller shade cloth up across the back where the afternoon sun gets in there directly.
Got a pretty blue green egg Day before yesterday and a light brown egg yesterday. About the size of a medium pullet egg. So my guess is they are younger than two years old.

B9784C16-C9FF-4D6C-AEDD-2015B34EBEBE.jpeg
After installing the shade in the back
1592051092757.png

here i s a picture of me... with the temporary coop set up

1592051252584.png

and here is a Selfie that @room onthebroom took of us.. She is the one that gave me the chickens I was amazed at all that she brought. Nest box perches made by her husband just for us as well as feed and Chicken Candy... a mixture of black oil sunflower seeds and other seeds and freeze dried meal worms.

371196E6-F009-4923-A670-09DF598E0DBB.jpeg

Roomie lives a couple of towns north of me here and closer to the coast. By the time they left we were all drooping our wing feathers.

The chickens have already adapted. My son put down the card board to protect chicken feet for when they hop off the perches. I intentend on packing them up in a couple of weeks for the move to the house. Wont be much of a change for them climate wise. its about the same temperature there as it is here. The only difference is the humidity.

I also have heavier tarps for mycoops. for Full shade The kind that are silver on top and black or green underneath.

My chickens dont get out unless I am there to supervise. at least till I can secure a good run for them with Aviary netting.

deb

What is a Cricut? Does it cut out stencils ?

deb

This is a cricut.
20200613_081605.jpg

It cuts vinyl, chip board, wood and fabric. It also draws, embossed and a bunch of stuff. I bought all kinds of permanent and heat transfer vinyl, leather and wood as well as stensil vinyl. The design software let's you create a ton of projects. It also cuts fabric for quilting.

This is a cricut.
View attachment 2192439
It cuts vinyl, chip board, wood and fabric. It also draws, embossed and a bunch of stuff. I bought all kinds of permanent and heat transfer vinyl, leather and wood as well as stensil vinyl. The design software let's you create a ton of projects. It also cuts fabric for quilting.
Oh my goodness this is an awesome setup.

deb

Deb, you've lost a lot of weight. You are actually looking healthier.
Thank you...

Oficially I have lost 137 pounds. They weighed me at the Oncologist. I am at 241 pounds. My goal weight for my height is 150. I suspect I will stop at around 175. Its been a full year now. I had the surgery on June 10th of last year.

deb

Oh my goodness this is an awesome setup.

deb

Thank you. I am loving it.

Thank you...

Oficially I have lost 137 pounds. They weighed me at the Oncologist. I am at 241 pounds. My goal weight for my height is 150. I suspect I will stop at around 175. Its been a full year now. I had the surgery on June 10th of last year.

deb

Wow Deb your doing fantastic! Way to go! You will make it! You look great! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom