The Old Folks Home

just got back from the house. Kitchen was gutted by the time I left. They said the rest of the floors will be done before they go.

I had them double check the thickness of the sub floor because one was worrying that the doors wouldnt shut if we got it built up too thick. I reminded them that the Carpet and padding were going to go that accounts for at least a half inch thickness.

He pulled up the sample and said the floors were two layers one of plywood and one with very nasty OSB. Circa 1984... He said it was quarter inch thick but I could see from twenty feet away it was more than a qquarter inch.. The older brother said something to him in spanish and he got out his measuring tape. Yep Half inch thick.

They had been having a devil of a time removing the linoleum. Now they dug a bit deeper and the OSB came up in very manageable chunks bringing the linoleum with it. The carpet is on top of the linoleum so this is all good.

deb

just got back from the house. Kitchen was gutted by the time I left. They said the rest of the floors will be done before they go.

I had them double check the thickness of the sub floor because one was worrying that the doors wouldnt shut if we got it built up too thick. I reminded them that the Carpet and padding were going to go that accounts for at least a half inch thickness.

He pulled up the sample and said the floors were two layers one of plywood and one with very nasty OSB. Circa 1984... He said it was quarter inch thick but I could see from twenty feet away it was more than a qquarter inch.. The older brother said something to him in spanish and he got out his measuring tape. Yep Half inch thick.

They had been having a devil of a time removing the linoleum. Now they dug a bit deeper and the OSB came up in very manageable chunks bringing the linoleum with it. The carpet is on top of the linoleum so this is all good.

deb
It sounds like things are moving along!

Alright. You asked for them, lol.

CF36235E-72FF-4A65-8B4A-E53F0EAAE2B3.jpeg
AD17C19D-4DC7-4CDD-98E2-FED1E00EFED0.jpeg
8594B286-10F5-4207-B14A-15836FD2B135.jpeg
02ADBE28-DF3D-4572-9996-1B62C166A035.png
B71C0180-C2B6-4268-98F9-96C399C16F7A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom