The Old Folks Home

Merry Christmas Old Folks, hope your day is full of family and good food - Mary

IMG_20181219_182114692.jpg

I'd like to visit PA someday and do a roots tour as Mom's side of the family hailed from Berks County (at least according to the German family fraktur.) My great grandad immigrated to CA after serving (sort of) in the Civil War and changed the spelling of his last name, thusly confounding all trying to do ancestral geneology.
Did he change the spelling to make it more American? Or easier to spell?

I had one ancestor change his last name so that he could LIE about his age more effectively! :lau

I'd like to visit PA someday and do a roots tour as Mom's side of the family hailed from Berks County (at least according to the German family fraktur.) My great grandad immigrated to CA after serving (sort of) in the Civil War and changed the spelling of his last name, thusly confounding all trying to do ancestral geneology.
That happened a lot at Ellis Island! Many Irish names were changed there along with my Great Great Grandfather. It makes it hard to find them in Ireland. Luckily Ancestry has my Irish Ancestors coming from two counties--Cork and Derry. One would be my Fathers side and the other my Mom's

Merry Christmas to all!

Made it through dinner. DH is sick. I am still still sick. Temp 100.4 looks like we are fighting the flu.

He is holding the bed down I am keeping the sofa from floating away. Fa la la la la.......

On a positive note I'm not coughing as much today. About to brew some tumeric and ginger tea.

Oh well there is always next Christmas.

Dear God I swear I will wear masks from this point on whenever I have to be around thoughtless idiot contagious people!

Hope y'all got everything you wished for. My favorites are my compact quilting hoop and stand and the funny mug DH also got for me that says "I Was Normal 2 Dozen Chickens Ago!"

Merry Christmas to all!

Made it through dinner. DH is sick. I am still still sick. Temp 100.4 looks like we are fighting the flu.

He is holding the bed down I am keeping the sofa from floating away. Fa la la la la.......

On a positive note I'm not coughing as much today. About to brew some tumeric and ginger tea.

Oh well there is always next Christmas.

Dear God I swear I will wear masks from this point on whenever I have to be around thoughtless idiot contagious people!

Hope y'all got everything you wished for. My favorites are my compact quilting hoop and stand and the funny mug DH also got for me that says "I Was Normal 2 Dozen Chickens Ago!"
I am sorry about the Influenza! You should wear a mask for sure in public!

Back
Top Bottom