The Old Folks Home

Afternoon all odd morning BF did coops but unsure why ... My sleep has been horrible last week or so he is aware of this wakes me 9:30 in the morning not sure if that is good or get up earlier maybe sleep better?
I hope you sleep better!

Spider mites, I've always used just plain dish detergent in a water sprayer. It's been a while but if you google you can find the concentration.

I've also used flour to dust the plants. The logic is that the mites eat the flour and it clogs up their digestive systems so they can't poo. That kills them.

I've used both methods with success.

12-18" of snow not fun, @CapricornFarm. I looked at the path of that winter storm this afternoon and thought about you. Not your usual path for a storm this time of the year.

It didn't get above freezing today. But I did get the first order of fleece that didn't get canceled. Looking to make sofa protectors for the dogs to lay on. As in if you want the most comfortable seat in the house, move the dog.....

Dh suddenly began freaking out. One of his hard drives failed. He blamed one of the partially copied files from my bad hard drive. I insisted it could not have been a virus, especially from my computer. I have good antivirus, anti malware, anti everything bad, programs installed. The partially copied file he swore had to be it, was one I've had for over 6 years, and in 2 different computers. I've never had a hard drive fail before, and like I said, a couple of them are very old hard drives. He insisted. I held fast. I reminded him that he too has far too much anti-everything bad programs running, for the file to have copied onto his computer, without it stopping it, and sending alerts. No WAY!

I reminded him that when he was checking my bad hard drive, he had to switch it to a different SATA cable. He then switched the SATA cable. Viola! The hard drive was fine. I went into my hiding place, and handed him 6 new SATA cables. He's working on it now. I am in hopes that it's just the cable, and not his motherboard going out. He did his last re-build three years ago, so everything in his system is fairly new. I've put off doing a re-build on mine.

Dh suddenly began freaking out. One of his hard drives failed. He blamed one of the partially copied files from my bad hard drive. I insisted it could not have been a virus, especially from my computer. I have good antivirus, anti malware, anti everything bad, programs installed. The partially copied file he swore had to be it, was one I've had for over 6 years, and in 2 different computers. I've never had a hard drive fail before, and like I said, a couple of them are very old hard drives. He insisted. I held fast. I reminded him that he too has far too much anti-everything bad programs running, for the file to have copied onto his computer, without it stopping it, and sending alerts. No WAY!

I reminded him that when he was checking my bad hard drive, he had to switch it to a different SATA cable. He then switched the SATA cable. Viola! The hard drive was fine. I went into my hiding place, and handed him 6 new SATA cables. He's working on it now. I am in hopes that it's just the cable, and not his motherboard going out. He did his last re-build three years ago, so everything in his system is fairly new. I've put off doing a re-build on mine.
:gig That is so funny!

Cables and connections are a very common cause of problems.

I baked a new bread today! It is Rosemary Cheese Bread. I used Romano cheese

Rosmary Cheese Bread.jpg

They are now predicting 12-18" of snow here!
Time to batten down the hatches and wait for warmer weather Cap! 18" is a lot of snow even here.

The logic is that the mites eat the flour and it clogs up their digestive systems so they can't poo. That kills them.
Unless you leave the bottle of castor oil open and they get to it ;)

I baked a new bread today! It is Rosemary Cheese Bread. I used Romano cheese
Yum!

Back
Top Bottom