The Old Folks Home

love banana splits as a meal :bun:yesss:
Once a year or so, DH and I will go to DQ and split a banana split. One dish, two spoons. He eats the strawberry part, I eat the chocolate part and we split the bananas and pineapple.

My DIL does not get flu shots for the grandkids. Bella has a fever of 102.2°, and a cough. :rant :mad: :he
My neither of my DILs do, either. The one explained her reason this way: since the shot is different every year, there is no way to determine the long term effects of it on little ones. I can see her point. My DS is student teaching this semester, so he has gotten the flu shot, hoping to avoid bringing it home. My other DS with a kid is a paramedic. He also gets the shot. I also got it this year as my mom has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will likely need chemo. I work in our local Petri dish... er, school, so I want to avoid exposing her (or my step-dad who has lung issues) unnecessarily. Honestly, I don't have strong feelings toward or against the flu shot. It seems every year they guess wrong and it's not effective for the particular virus going around that year anyway.

Back
Top Bottom