The Old Folks Home

I asked the town post office if they could put a Christmas card in my grandmas box. Knew I wouldn't run into her and the box was right there in the post office so no sense in mailing it. He did, but made me pay for a stamp, lol.

My deliveryman never complains when I put a card and 20$ in my mailbox for him each year (except the year he was on vacation and the backup rural carrier took it) and I don't have to pay for a stamp :gig

My deliveryman never complains when I put a card and 20$ in my mailbox for him each year (except the year he was on vacation and the backup rural carrier took it) and I don't have to pay for a stamp :gig
He doesn't match up to the house and demand a stamp? :lau

Quiet day here. Dog snoring away on the couch, we're waiting for the snow/ice tomorrow and BF is at work all weekend.

So... I loaded a quilt onto the frame and have been happily stitching away for a few hours. My mind is now at ease!

46739321_1910881148966437_1986861728079544320_n.jpg

Oh that's too funny! I need to start putting something in there for our guy. Thing is, we have a couple of different ones want to give it to the one that comes more often, and has been coming the longest. Will have to watch..

It is illegal to put anything in the mailbox that didn't come through USPS. Turn them in to your postmaster. Not sure how you prove it was them though, they don't likely include a "if interested please stop by 123 East Street" note.
Trying to play catch up here. Yeah, we pretty much know who it is as the kids have handed us pamphlets before. One of those religions that think they are the only religion going to make it to heaven. We are trying to keep the peace though so we keep our mouths shut and politely use the pamphlets for kindling.

They probably do not know that they are breaking the law.

It's official folks! We got us a blizzard warning!
Including the cities of Kirksville, Brookfield, Marceline, Macon,
and La Plata
224 PM CST Sat Nov 24 2018

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST
SUNDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations
of 3 to 8 inches expected. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...Adair, Linn MO and Macon Counties.

* WHEN...From 6 AM Sunday to midnight CST Sunday night.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of
blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions, making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded, stay with your vehicle.

I went to the store, feed store was closed. Hit the local Yoder Amish feed store. Owner is a great guy in his mid 70s, doesn't hold it against you that you aren't Amish and loves to chew the fat with anyone who stops by. His wife runs a bakery and is my age. Free coffee and donuts Saturday mornings. People flock there. All in all nice folks. Bought two bags of feed from there, gassed up the van and headed home. Been helping DH with an antenna project for our radios and just got inside in time to do damage control.

Ready for the weather. Put straw in the small coop, I'll feed and water later.

@superchemicalgirl. I love the quilting pattern on that quilt. Simply beautiful. You are inspiring me!

Oh that's too funny! I need to start putting something in there for our guy. Thing is, we have a couple of different ones want to give it to the one that comes more often, and has been coming the longest. Will have to watch..
You could also take it down to the PO and ask that it be given to your regular carrier. I've done that a few times.

I used to have problems with USPS not delivering my larger packages and instead leaving a note for me to go pick it up at the local office. That simply does not work for my schedule, because it closes right after I get off work, and I can't get there.

20$ a year and I get amazing service.

Yeah, if something doesn't have a lot of sugar, it has high fructose corn syrup. If it doesn't have those things, it is loaded with fat. If not either of those, then its a rice cake!:gig

Nope, sorry, too high in carbs :lol:

OMG I love that thing!

We seldom get blizzard warnings. They just expect it to snow here. Same with frost warnings :confused:

Back
Top Bottom