The Old Folks Home

I love your style! We, DIL and I, did hit 2 stores, later in the day..no malls! DH ordered something the night before .. Black Friday started online the night before at Walmart. :D

I don't always do Black Friday. In fact, when it got so overcrowded, and people began getting ugly, I avoided it like the plague, for a few years, until they got things more squared away here. Most stores send out ads, or post ads online as to what their Black Friday specials will be. IF, and WHEN there would be something, or somethings that I wanted to get, and the price was too hard to pass up, I would know which store, and what I wanted ahead of time. Get in early, get what I wanted, then get out. To me, that's the way to do Black Friday. Now, it's just as easy to shop online, and they have plenty of online Black Friday deals too.

Now, it's just as easy to shop online, and they have plenty of online Black Friday deals too.
In another decade, "black Friday" will be as antiquated as most of us in here :duc:oops: With most businesses offering free shipping with orders over a certain amount, and the ability to sit on your backside and search for the best deal on any particular item, there will be no need to go to a brick & mortar establishment. No need to waste the gas, time & travel, crowds, idiots, deal with weather, etc. Search for the specific item you want and then purchase from the online offer with the lowest price. No sweat, no strain.

There will still be high end shops and stores for those with the money to spend and the desire to "touch" what they're considering. But in a decade, all these kids today that are hardwired to their electronics, won't really comprehend why anyone would want to deal with all that nonsense to begin with. :idunno Hell, with "Carvana", now you can buy a car online and have it delivered. :eek:

Yup Beer...USPS aint a charity... nuthin' for free :cool:

In another decade, "black Friday" will be as antiquated as most of us in here :duc:oops: With most businesses offering free shipping with orders over a certain amount, and the ability to sit on your backside and search for the best deal on any particular item, there will be no need to go to a brick & mortar establishment. No need to waste the gas, time & travel, crowds, idiots, deal with weather, etc. Search for the specific item you want and then purchase from the online offer with the lowest price. No sweat, no strain.

There will still be high end shops and stores for those with the money to spend and the desire to "touch" what they're considering. But in a decade, all these kids today that are hardwired to their electronics, won't really comprehend why anyone would want to deal with all that nonsense to begin with. :idunno Hell, with "Carvana", now you can buy a car online and have it delivered. :eek:

Yup Beer...USPS aint a charity... nuthin' for free :cool:
Yes, and Malls are pretty much Dead here too. Many are becoming Game places and theme parks

I don't always do Black Friday. In fact, when it got so overcrowded, and people began getting ugly, I avoided it like the plague, for a few years, until they got things more squared away here. Most stores send out ads, or post ads online as to what their Black Friday specials will be. IF, and WHEN there would be something, or somethings that I wanted to get, and the price was too hard to pass up, I would know which store, and what I wanted ahead of time. Get in early, get what I wanted, then get out. To me, that's the way to do Black Friday. Now, it's just as easy to shop online, and they have plenty of online Black Friday deals too.
Same here, this is the first time in years I went into a store on this day. One was on our small main street. Walmart the other..later..but still a bit busy. Our Walmart will be busy like this until Christmas now..well..mostly through weekends.

I asked the town post office if they could put a Christmas card in my grandmas box. Knew I wouldn't run into her and the box was right there in the post office so no sense in mailing it. He did, but made me pay for a stamp, lol.
Hi beer can..havent seen you in a while. :)

Back
Top Bottom