The Old Folks Home

Statistics are not on the side of this or any diet like it. Only a couple of percent keep the weight off for more than a year.

Gastric bypass has a very high success rates! You will do very well with it

:thumbsup
thanks .... I want the gastric sleeve... doesn't mess with your digestive tract. Has a lower percentage of weight loss but I am good with that...

I actually lost all my weight with Weight watchers and kept it off for two years... But life happened .... I want live another twenty or thirty years.... and I dont have time to waste....

deb

Low carb diets sux. Perchie I know how hard it is to relearn how to eat at our tender ages. I told DH today that I remember being in my 20s and being able to eat whatever I wanted. I would burn the calories like dry leaves. Now I'm just as active but the furnace just isn't what it used to be.

Yeah, doc will probably not be happy just reassure him that you have things back under control. Then do your best to stick to whatever diet they have you on.

Did he switch your diets for you?

Low carb diets sux. Perchie I know how hard it is to relearn how to eat at our tender ages. I told DH today that I remember being in my 20s and being able to eat whatever I wanted. I would burn the calories like dry leaves. Now I'm just as active but the furnace just isn't what it used to be.

Yeah, doc will probably not be happy just reassure him that you have things back under control. Then do your best to stick to whatever diet they have you on.

she... the cardiologist.... and she is right I do need to loose weight.... But I made the decision to go off it.

deb

For me it was loosing my thyroid after about a year boom it all kinda went to crap but
seem's to have lost a few when I had pneumonia seems easy now to stay there maybe 130 instead of 135

deb, this may sound crazy, but get the cookbook from the American Diabetes Assoc., and diet information from them. When you must go off your keto diet, or must consume extra carbs to stay healthy, they have some great suggestions, and recipes in there. The dessert section is especially good, and should meet your needs better than most alternatives.

Been on the keto since Aug. Down 2 sizes. Yep, that weight creeped back up there years later of having something done. I did this keto back in the 70s..lost easily then..I still say it's no different than Atkins diet. At least I'm not doing it any different. We know more about it today. Understand it better. If deb is having surgery... no sweets at all at first, or, she will have what is called sugar dumping. :( A lot of protein and veggies at first. Deb..do you know when your surgery is?

Diva, I know how hard it is to give up that Sugar, I've tried to stay off of sugars myself now for the last 2 weeks and I am noticeably grumpier.

Deb, you are doing great. Don't be too discouraged by lapses, no one loses weight in a linear way. There are always ups and downs. Overall you are on the down, that's what counts.

Morning Deb!
I'm diabetic too now, whoopee ( damaged pancreas by chemo drugs, long irrelevant story) and have been doing the low carb, NOT no carb thing. I came across this book, Diabetes and Carb Counting for Dummies (yep one of the "dummies" books) and I've found it very helpful. Written by doc and loaded with a lot of common sense. It's also helped me start to drop the weight I've put on since my accident (has nothing to do with being an old fogie now, right? ;)) I also totally agree about getting on the ADA website. Everything I've read by folks that actually know says the Keto diet is dangerous for us! You're doing great!!! Slow and steady. Even the best road has a pothole or two. Sounds like you have a handle on things. You go girl!! We're all here for you :highfive:

How are you doing SCG?
The cords I've run out to the various coops/barns/houses seem to be possessed. It stopped working during a cold spell last week, messed with it for 30 minutes, it still didn't work, gave up, but when I got up in the morning it was miraculously working again.
It's not working again this morning. We got a bunch of snow last night and I'm off work today cause I worked the weekend so I figured I'd get the blower out and do a nice job. Well the blower wouldn't start. Figured I'd just shovel. I get most of the basic shoveling done, then slip and fall down the driveway and whack myself in the face with the shovel. I get a bloody nose. Now, I also fell down the driveway last night while taking Ripley for a walk so my buttcheeks are a nice purple color and hurt a bit today. Then I decided I was done shoveling, but I should probably put the gas can in the back of my car so when I go out today I can just get gas for when BF gets the blower working. The hatchback didn't go all the way up, and I didn't notice, so I slammed my forehead into it.
That's about how my life goes.

I gotta go get my winter tires on, get some chicken feed, a new non-possessed extension cord, fill the gas can up and then come home and prep my potatoes, a green bean casserole (this time I'll remember to cook the beans first), probably a pumpkin pie (maybe also an apple) and my stuffed squash so tomorrow isn't totally chaotic. Looks like my long arm and I won't see each other today.

Back
Top Bottom