The Old Folks Home

I get those confuses. LG uses G numbers.

My DW needs to replace her Galaxy 5 and the 7 seems like a good price point compared to the Galaxy 8. The Galaxy 9 is crazy expensive because it is new
And people like the flat screen as opposed to the curved screen of the Galaxy 8. My best friend from school got the 7 specifically because of that.

The price was the same for the 7 and the 8 for us, so we all went with the Galaxy 8.
Haven't dropped it...yet. :fl

We bought the Otterbox rugged cases for the last phones and again for these phones. We carry them in all the equipment and they stand up to the rougher conditions. But the cases don't protect the curved screens that well. I prefer the flat screens myself. ;)

I give the Galaxy 8 two thumbs up. It's been less glitchy than the S5. I also like the ability to keep it 'optimized' with a couple clicks where it cleans itself out and puts unused apps to sleep. I do miss a couple of things from the other phone. But overall I like this one the best.

Just talked with wally world today about their cellular plans. Presently with sprint unlimited talk/text and 2 gigs data/month for ~$55. I'm on an S6 and starting to get screen shadows. They offer the s7 for $399, month to month, no contract, same plan as what I have now, for $35/mo using Verizon towers. Need to call sprint before this next bill is due and see what they have to offer. I do NOT want to lease, and prefer to stay with Samsung. No desire for an "I" anything.

Go get 'em Deb! :thumbsup

I use my phone for very little. I have never gone over my data allowance in my life. I don't twitter, FB, browse, BYC/H on my phone. I use it for radar weather when storming and for road maps when traveling to new places I've never been before.

OK, so after I last signed off I went to do final farm rounds as I had another goat about to go. When I got down there she had went. 2 doelings and a buckling, all healthy, moving, various stages of cleaned up and I helped make sure all of them nursed successfully. Happy morning!

The belted and blonde are the females (keepers!). The male is almost all black with a couple of small white patches. They are 75% Lamancha and 25% meat goat.
2018-3-27 April 2g & 1b.JPG

Of all the phones I've ever owned, I love the S8. I got mine first, since my old one broke first, then when Dh's phone bit the dust, he had seen me with mine, and knew I really like mine, which is unusual, so he got one for him, and one for my daughter. They both love their phones too. He got Otterboxes for theirs, because they're both hard on phones. The original screen protector broke immediately on both phones, so Otter sent new updated screen protectors. No problems since the new ones were put on.

I opted for this case, and really do like it: https://www.amazon.com/Plus-DStores...=1522162259&sr=8-4&keywords=s8+clearview+case

You too, Misty.

Congrats on the new babies @Latestarter.

As for phones, we used ours a lot when were were actively retiring and shuffling back and forth between Missouri and IL. Not so much now so we have a low data plan that still costs us 65$ a month. We only use it when we are waiting in Drs' offices waiting room or DH is waiting in the car for me. When we go in to renew our contract or upgrade our phone they always ask us if we would want their unlimited data plan for only such and such an amount per month and other than arguing with them I just tell them to look up our usage. They do and usually are stunned. Usually they tell us that they don't see that little usage every day.

I tell them that we used to spend the day talking to people for 8+ hours and frankly we don't want to now. I just love the looks on their faces when we tell them that.

Perchie, hang in there! Tell them you have continence problems. They should be understanding and work with you. It's not like they haven't dealt with it before.:hugs

Back
Top Bottom