The Old Folks Home

I'm glad I don't have need to go many places lately. Did grocery shopping on Friday. First time I've left the property since Thursday the week before. Considering going to the farm show one day this week (T-Th) but y'all talking about how bad this flu is has me rethinking that idea :(

I hear they taste like chicken
:oops:
I can't even imagine why someone would cross those 2 breeds. Actually, I can't imagine owning either one. I'm definitely not a tiny dog person.
Tiny dog person here. :frow The smaller the better. My sister just took in a chihuahua from someone who broke their leg and couldn't care for it. I'm envious. I like pocket sized. However, now that I'm old, unless it's hairless and doesn't shed skin cells I'd just rather not. So I've priced myself out of the ballpark on purpose.

I loved the tiny poodle that got dumped off near Dh's place when we were going out. He was such a special guy and I was so lucky to have found him. My heart will always be with him anyway. There is no replacement.

Thank you. I'm proud of the quilting on it, but boy I do not like the scrappy look. It's my second scrappy quilt and I hated both of them equally.
You are much too hard on yourself. Your quilt has a lovely balance of color and piece sizes. I find it quite enjoyable and pleasant to the eye. I don't know how you do it.:bow
I couldn't even begin to start a piece like that. It quite literally would drive me insane, no joking. The perfectionist/OCD side of me couldn't attempt it, it would paralyze me. The pieces would sit somewhere until I either gave them away for someone else to finish it, or I'd have to throw them away. I know enough now to stay away from such undertakings. I have a folder somewhere full of art projects from school that never got finished.:gig

I feel fortunate I can mend rips and do patches. I'm continually in awe of the amazing quilting projects people do on here. :bow The recipient of your quilt is very, very fortunate. I'm the type of person who would use it, and then tuck it away for use down the generations. :love

tenor.gif

Lol! I used to listen to her many yrs ago, heard that song I was 19 when it came out, Ironic, didn't remember that verse. Her song 'you oughta know' Wow! thought she was so hot! she was bad azz.
He had family and a long time girlfriend with a couple kids he raised. Million dollars after taxes isn't a ton, not something to live off of for the rest of your life but a big chunk. Hope it helps them out and doesn't become a nasty burden.
Haha...loved that cd too! I'm sad that the boy doesn't "get" that time period.

Hopefully what's left after taxes will pay the hospital bills and his funeral costs, since he didn't have insurance, and leave money to help with everything during this transition for his family. There are so many costs associated with death.

We just had two very young people pass away from the community/relatives in the community. A nephew of one of Dh's classmates died last week from internal bleeding. He was only 24. Not sure what happened, family were aware he was hanging with a rough crowd.

And the young couple who rent Dh's mom's farmhouse, he was 32 and she's younger. He passed away last week suddenly from an enlarged heart. They have 3 young children; 5,3 and 1. So sad. I've never met them; we aren't farming that land. But from what Dh has said and other family members, he was a really nice guy, always jovial and always spending time with his little girls. :(

We just had two very young people pass away from the community/relatives in the community. A nephew of one of Dh's classmates died last week from internal bleeding. He was only 24. Not sure what happened, family were aware he was hanging with a rough crowd.

And the young couple who rent Dh's mom's farmhouse, he was 32 and she's younger. He passed away last week suddenly from an enlarged heart. They have 3 young children; 5,3 and 1. So sad. I've never met them; we aren't farming that land. But from what Dh has said and other family members, he was a really nice guy, always jovial and always spending time with his little girls. :(
I am sorry for all the losses in your Family!

So sad when young people die for no good reason, not that there is such a thing when you are young other than throwing yourself in front of a bus to save a baby or giving your life in defense of another or your country that is. Even then it isn't good. My heart goes out to thier families.

As for the rooster pouring coffee....I just had this thought of my bachelor bantam roosters trained to clean the house for me, running the vacuum, dusting, loading the dish washer, gathering up dirty dishes, their little feet a blur as the bawk bawk bawked their way around the house, putting their energy to good use instead of beating up on one another.

If only it were possible......

So sad when young people die for no good reason, not that there is such a thing when you are young other than throwing yourself in front of a bus to save a baby or giving your life in defense of another or your country that is. Even then it isn't good. My heart goes out to thier families.

As for the rooster pouring coffee....I just had this thought of my bachelor bantam roosters trained to clean the house for me, running the vacuum, dusting, loading the dish washer, gathering up dirty dishes, their little feet a blur as the bawk bawk bawked their way around the house, putting their energy to good use instead of beating up on one another.

If only it were possible......
Yeah, those cockerels need to develop skills! Can you imagine the demand for them if they did house chores?

Back
Top Bottom