The Old Folks Home

You really need to contact a wildlife rehabber. Even if they aren't close enough to take them from you, they can tell you what they eat. With baby wildlife, even a few meals of the wrong thing can mean they will die or develop wrong.
x2. @runt325 , start calling people on this list and see if they can find someone in your area that can help. I just looked up the blue bird diet and it seems they eat insects and fruit, so the baby bird food at the pet stores might not work.
https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/wildlife-rehabilitator-list

thank u I got on the Facebook bYC and they jumped on me like I did something wrong when I was trying to save them they was saying put them back and let the dad and mom come back but they was gone for 2 days but I am glad u have yall
We are a different bunch on this thread. We do not get huffy about stuff and are very helpful.

thank u I got on the Facebook bYC and they jumped on me like I did something wrong when I was trying to save them they was saying put them back and let the dad and mom come back but they was gone for 2 days but I am glad u have yall

We are a different bunch on this thread. We do not get huffy about stuff and are very helpful.
Is there a way to flag posts on bookface?

Off topic , sorry. But who out there has any of these? Info please!!!
7e6c40a190fdf87aebe3ddd69691b24e.jpg

Wild baby bird formula:
1 can Science Diet Puppy
1 can green beans
6 Tums
1 multivitamin
Enough water to make it very mushy.

Mix all of it in a blender, or food processor. Make sure the Tums are fully pulverized, and mixed in. This makes quite a few servings, so take a few tablespoons, and put into baggies. Most of it can be frozen, and a baggie or two thawed out to use fresh daily.

Take a regular straw, pinch in half, and cut up the center about an inch, so there are two sides, then cut across 1/2 of the straw, where you made the upward cut. You are forming a type of "spoon". Round the bottom of the "spoon" so there are no sharp edges. Scoop a little of the mixture onto the end of your "spoon".

At first, you will have to pick up the baby birds, and gently pry their mouths open, then let the mixture slide off the "spoon" into their mouths, a little at a time. It won't be long that they will open their mouths for you, and the straw spoon, just like they would for a mama bird. No need to tube them. When they get bigger, and are learning to eat on their own, mix this with some birdseed, and put on the flooring of whatever you have them in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom