The Old Folks Home

Hey Kathy how is everything going with your flock?
Do you know any good uses for Copper Sulfate or Acidic Copper Sulfate in poultry that would make using it in the water regularly beneficial to turkey or chickens?

Hey Kathy how is everything going with your flock? 
Do you know any good uses for Copper Sulfate or Acidic Copper Sulfate in poultry that would make using it in the water regularly beneficial to  turkey or chickens?

It's been crazy here dealing with egg bound peahens, chicks with ruptured yolk sacs, turkey with blackhead. Sigh....

I have read that some people use acidified copper sulfate as a blackhead preventative, but I don't really know much about it.

-Kathy

Quote: Kathy, I read on two sites that said it could cure blackhead. I am not going to use it. I saw someone on a poultry page telling everyone to use it in their chicken and turkey water every day! And to use it like most use ACV. I was shocked and I post a page with warnings on the page for some new members to read. But I thought of you when I read it is helpful with blackhead.

Puddin thought you might know something about the Copper Sulfate. She was trying to help me find out why people would use it.
big_smile.png

I am sorry you are still having such a terrible time with your birds. I will send good healing prayers your way.
love.gif

chickadoodles - thanks for the compliment on my chickie. I can't wait to see how she grows out. Here is my latest batch. :love
They are so cute Puddin :D
It seems like the copper sulfate was used with something else to cure, maybe canker? It seems like a while back I was researching something and that was one of the solutions for something. :idunno Never heard of using it on a regular basis. Where is castportpony? She is the doc!
I have not seen Kathy in a while. One on the pages I read on the Acidic Copper Sulfate said it cured blackhead in turkey.
I saw Kathy on the Mallard page yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom