The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

My hens won't even eat cheap oyster shell. They like theirs thin flaked.
Thanks Debby!

Holy smokes! Maybe I won’t get chickens.
We were getting eggs from a co-worker. He wouldn’t take any money. I so appreciated his eggs! (He is very sick right now and last I heard was in an Iowa hospital to have surgery…no doctors in his network available around here.)
That's terrible! I hope he recovers soon.

Unfortunately, my roosters don't even give me the benefit of eggs. They just beautify the yard.
I'm like their sugar mama. 🤣
I never had a rooster. I had a hen that crowed :lol:
Chickens eat about 1.5 lbs of feed per week each. At 50 lbs of layer feed for roughly $25, this is approximately $0.38 per week for however many eggs your chicken lays, even in winter when they don’t lay. Regardless, it still calculates to only a dollar a dozen for feed.
That sounds more affordable. There is a place that sells chicken feed about 6 miles from me. I drove by there today but no one was there. It’s not a brand name feed and they sell it out of the back of a semi trailer. They’ve been doing it for a few years. I think that’s where the guy we got eggs from gets his feed.

Thanks Debby!

Holy smokes! Maybe I won’t get chickens.
We were getting eggs from a co-worker. He wouldn’t take any money. I so appreciated his eggs! (He is very sick right now and last I heard was in an Iowa hospital to have surgery…no doctors in his network available around here.)
I hope he’s ok!

Playing catch-up, as usual.
Happy birthday @swampfox440

Feed prices aren’t too bad around here. Our issue isn’t the price of eggs, although that’s bad enough. It’s empty shelves, in every store around us for 50 miles.

Kenny and Jenny invited us out for pizza tonight to celebrate my birthday, and Kenny’s on the 9th and Ken’s on the 10th. Terri’s is tomorrow but she’s still got us written us out of her life so that’s that.

Jenny got the thumb drive of the photos that were taken at Disneyworld, and out of all of them, these two touched my heart.
F2369FC4-7447-4D19-9AA7-D4270C3F6A60.jpeg

C79DADC8-00AE-4D76-B3A4-11E6223F87F5.jpeg

Well, they are your babies daddies :lol:
We've seen the end of that! No more chicks. I'm actually thinking of rehoming all but my oldest girls. With Jim's health going down hill, and those awful head bumps that I had this fall, we are think of moving to a more manageable place closer to civilization.

Back
Top Bottom