The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

A treat for my chickens today and I will be putting out some ice bottles for my rabbits...thank you for the idea @perchie.girl :)

Frozen Corn Treat 8.17.2020.jpg

Hi and I presume welcome to the thread is in order? I went awol for a very long time because Life in general got in the way.

My name is Deb and I live in the San Diego High desert. We have had some record breaking days between San Diego close to the coast and up at my house. 100-110 degrees. Not unnusual at home but a killer near here by the coast. Layin low during the day is Standard Operating proceedure. As well as every couple hour checks on the critterrs. Bout all we can do for the chickens right now is Spray them down and their coop to get the soil muddy.

They dont enjoy getting wet that way but after words the hens stretchout on the ground and nap. while the Rooster stands guard.

deb

Hey, Deb, good to see you, and good update on the move.

Not ice bottles, but Daphne seems to like her dish of ice! The chickens are loving the frozen corn treat! The next time I will make them bigger, I think it will be easier for them to have something that will stay in place better!
View attachment 2294400

She sure is pretty, it does look like she's enjoying her cubes!

What is the red mushroom chili supposed to taste like?
don't know ron, this is the first time i've grown them they're in bloom now(i was slow transplanting) have no idea how the word mushroom applys to a pepper but i like different things so thought i would try them, only planted three seeds and three plants came up so, so far so good

Back
Top Bottom