The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi and I presume welcome to the thread is in order? I went awol for a very long time because Life in general got in the way.

My name is Deb and I live in the San Diego High desert. We have had some record breaking days between San Diego close to the coast and up at my house. 100-110 degrees. Not unnusual at home but a killer near here by the coast. Layin low during the day is Standard Operating proceedure. As well as every couple hour checks on the critterrs. Bout all we can do for the chickens right now is Spray them down and their coop to get the soil muddy.

They dont enjoy getting wet that way but after words the hens stretchout on the ground and nap. while the Rooster stands guard.

deb
Hi Deb! I'm Rene'...it's nice to meet you! It's been pretty hot here too...it's calling for 104 today. I do feel sorry for my chickens, but it's worse for my rabbits...they all have shade pretty much all day, but when the temps are that high...they just can't keep cool! We have sprinklers that go off 4 different times during the day and that seems to help!

Stay cool!

Hi and I presume welcome to the thread is in order? I went awol for a very long time because Life in general got in the way.

My name is Deb and I live in the San Diego High desert. We have had some record breaking days between San Diego close to the coast and up at my house. 100-110 degrees. Not unnusual at home but a killer near here by the coast. Layin low during the day is Standard Operating proceedure. As well as every couple hour checks on the critterrs. Bout all we can do for the chickens right now is Spray them down and their coop to get the soil muddy.

They dont enjoy getting wet that way but after words the hens stretchout on the ground and nap. while the Rooster stands guard.

deb
:frow Good morning Deb, have a great day. It is so very nice to see you.

Hi Deb! Nice to see you are still with us ;) Missing due to just too much to do with your house?
Yep... and coping with pain. I have learned that working jigsaw puzzles or watching canning on YouTube or binge watching shows I couldnt see in full because of work has helped immensely. It gets me to relax get in Alpha mode and let the pain meds do their job.

It causes me to check out of reality. A good thing and a bad thing.

My son started moving boxes out to the horse trailer and just about has me packed.... Or so he thinks. :gig The movers should get the rest when its time.

Lets see I bought:
A huge 120 quart ice chest to pack out the smaller foods from the freezer. The Big packages of beef pork and turkey can go into double lined moving boxes. They will not defrost if i pack them right. I am probably going to go in there this week some time and repackage in vacuume bags.

I have no furniture I am going to wait till the Vinyl floor gets put in. Going to KISS. Maybe a chair and a small couch/bed.

deb

deb

No introduction needed for me, of course I remember you :D

That heat is a killer, hope you aren't losing any animals to it. How's your house coming along Deb?

deb
It has been hot here but we do have AC!

Hi Deb! I'm Rene'...it's nice to meet you! It's been pretty hot here too...it's calling for 104 today. I do feel sorry for my chickens, but it's worse for my rabbits...they all have shade pretty much all day, but when the temps are that high...they just can't keep cool! We have sprinklers that go off 4 different times during the day and that seems to help!

Stay cool!
I used to lay bricks in my Guinipig cages about four for each piggie. then use a sprayer to dampen them. When the soaked brick water evaporates its a great place to strech out for a nap. A frozen water bottle too. Layed where the condensation could accumulate and feed the bricks.

deb

I used to lay bricks in my Guinipig cages about four for each piggie. then use a sprayer to dampen them. When the soaked brick water evaporates its a great place to strech out for a nap. A frozen water bottle too. Layed where the condensation could accumulate and feed the bricks.

deb
That's a great idea...Thank you Deb! :)

Back
Top Bottom