The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

We have an all purpose substitute so will use that and xanthan gum to get the yeast to raise the dough

Hope it works out well for you!

I have a pizza dough (regular dough) that I'm going to make into a pepperoni and mozz cheese roll up. We still have 1/2 a pizza left over from the other night.

Hi everybody :frow
It looks like everyone is getting really weird weather too. We had our first thunderstorm of the year last night. I'm sure the frog pond beside the coop is happy (there isn't supposed to be any water in that area).

2nd hatch of the season went into lockdown last night. I got a dozen partridge chantecler hatching eggs in this batch. Only 5 made it to lockdown, and they're looking kind of iffy. Lucky for me, a friend of mine just scored some hens, and she already has a roo. 38 white chants locked down as well. Here's hoping most of them, if not all, will actually be white. I put another 36 chants in to start cooking. I moved the culprits of the poor colouring out, which left only 1 roo to cover 10 girls. Hopefully he's been a busy boy.

Hi everybody :frow
It looks like everyone is getting really weird weather too. We had our first thunderstorm of the year last night. I'm sure the frog pond beside the coop is happy (there isn't supposed to be any water in that area).

2nd hatch of the season went into lockdown last night. I got a dozen partridge chantecler hatching eggs in this batch. Only 5 made it to lockdown, and they're looking kind of iffy. Lucky for me, a friend of mine just scored some hens, and she already has a roo. 38 white chants locked down as well. Here's hoping most of them, if not all, will actually be white. I put another 36 chants in to start cooking. I moved the culprits of the poor colouring out, which left only 1 roo to cover 10 girls. Hopefully he's been a busy boy.

Hi Michelle, sounds like you're keeping busy with the hatches!

Has anyone ever tried the baking soda/lemon juice substitute for yeast? I just heard about it the other day. I have lots of yeast, but I've heard that it's very hard to come by right now.

No, haven't heard of that but then, I have a lot of yeast so haven't worried about a substitute.

Back
Top Bottom