The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Was BYC super slow and wouldn’t load anything this morning for anyone else!? Maybe around 930ish eastern time?? Cause mine was and I thought it was my WiFi at first but it wouldn’t load even on data, couldn’t open any of the threads or anything, when I clicked just spinny and then now it works fine so it was probably maybe for like an hour or half hour this morning idk cause I gave up ha other sites worked fine. It was weird. Never happened before.

Was BYC super slow and wouldn’t load anything this morning for anyone else!? Maybe around 930ish eastern time?? Cause mine was and I thought it was my WiFi at first but it wouldn’t load even on data, couldn’t open any of the threads or anything, when I clicked just spinny and then now it works fine so it was probably maybe for like an hour or half hour this morning idk cause I gave up ha other sites worked fine. It was weird. Never happened before.
The only time I had any trouble like that I just cleaned my browser history/cache and it was fixed.

Here we go from 8th straight to high school....

Morning everyone...

I finally had my last pre-op appointment with My Cardiologist. Yay... All the paperwork Made it to the Surgeons office. I start my Prep Diet on Monday... Three liquid protein drinks one solid meal... for Two weeks. surgery date is June 11

My Cardiologist was delighted with my forty pound loss and took me off One of Four Blood pressure meds.... And given instructions that if I am still very dizzy a couple of weeks after to cut one of my BP meds in half :wee Its not unusual to lose another twenty pounds right after surgery as well as another twenty Really quickly after that. Her specialty is cardiovascular system... I fell into the right doctor for what ails me.

For those who may not know I am going for Gastric Sleeve Surgery to help me get rid of a total of 225 pounds. Its a start... I have expectations but not grandiose expectations

The key for young people is as healty a diet as possible.... Try to switch out snacks for Low slow carb items.... Like fresh fruit and veggies. Juice is a land mine Bread whole grain high fiber... But seriously anything white stear clear form. if possible.

My son did this when He was sixteen... learned to read product labels and by the time he was eighteen He had lost ninety pounds.

deb

The only time I had any trouble like that I just cleaned my browser history/cache and it was fixed.

I did eventually try that but it was still slow. But it could have partially been my phone cause not long after my phone was pretty slow on some apps too so I turned it off and now it’s fine. But I don’t think that was it cause at the time, other websites and apps worked fine, it was only BYC that was slow. So idk if it was just a little bogged down this morning or if clearing the cache fixed it. No way to know for sure now unfortunately but at least it does finally work now.

Here we go from 8th straight to high school....

Morning everyone...

I finally had my last pre-op appointment with My Cardiologist. Yay... All the paperwork Made it to the Surgeons office. I start my Prep Diet on Monday... Three liquid protein drinks one solid meal... for Two weeks. surgery date is June 11

My Cardiologist was delighted with my forty pound loss and took me off One of Four Blood pressure meds.... And given instructions that if I am still very dizzy a couple of weeks after to cut one of my BP meds in half :wee Its not unusual to lose another twenty pounds right after surgery as well as another twenty Really quickly after that. Her specialty is cardiovascular system... I fell into the right doctor for what ails me.

For those who may not know I am going for Gastric Sleeve Surgery to help me get rid of a total of 225 pounds. Its a start... I have expectations but not grandiose expectations

The key for young people is as healty a diet as possible.... Try to switch out snacks for Low slow carb items.... Like fresh fruit and veggies. Juice is a land mine Bread whole grain high fiber... But seriously anything white stear clear form. if possible.

My son did this when He was sixteen... learned to read product labels and by the time he was eighteen He had lost ninety pounds.

deb
You are my hero! :bow Great dietary advice for everyone and not just for young folks! Juice is mixed 50-50 with water here at our house, it's more refreshing and only consumed sparingly.

Hoping you will keep us updated as you go along your journey to better health!

You are my hero! :bow Great dietary advice for everyone and not just for young folks! Juice is mixed 50-50 with water here at our house, it's more refreshing and only consumed sparingly.

Hoping you will keep us updated as you go along your journey to better health!
Thanks... Oh I will ad-Nausium....

deb

I had trouble on every device this morning - phone, iPads, and computer.

Deb, I’m so stinkin’ excited for you!!! I love it when dreams are coming true for someone I care about! It’s great that you lucked out with that doctor. And I know how hard you’ve worked!

When my sister Linda was first put on the kidney transplant list, our youngest sister Bev turned out to be a perfect match. Unfortunately she was much too overweight for the surgeons’ comfort. She didn’t hesitate - she began her weight loss program. After Linda was removed from the list because of her cardiac issues, Bev continued on her program and lost (the last I heard) 195 pounds. Then Linda passed away. She said she was still doing it because Linda would have wanted her to get healthy even if it wasn’t for the transplant. Bev is scheduled for skin removal surgery next week - something about the loose skin causing fungal infections in the folds. So I’ll be praying for both of you. Your journeys have been kinda parallel!

Last edited:
I had trouble on every device this morning - phone, iPads, and computer.

Deb, I’m so stinkin’ excited for you!!! I love it when dreams are coming true for someone I care about! It’s great that you lucked out with that doctor. And I know how hard you’ve worked!

When my sister Linda was first put on the kidney transplant list, our youngest sister Bev turned out to be a perfect match. Unfortunately she was much too overweight for the surgeons’ comfort. She didn’t hesitate - she began her weight loss program. After Linda was removed from the list because of her cardiac issues, Bev continued on her program and lost (the last I heard) 195 pounds. Then Linda passed away. She said she was still doing it because Linda would have wanted her to get healthy even if it wasn’t for the transplant. Bev is scheduled for skin removal surgery next week - something about the loose skin causing fungal infections in the folds. So I’ll be praying for both of you. Your journeys have been kinda parallel!
Yep those infections are not fun.... I am getting them now on a smaller scale. Its the only "cosmetic" Surgery covered under Medi-Cal because its also Quality of life....

The excess skin can weigh upwards to twenty pounds depending on how much you have.

deb

Back
Top Bottom