The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning!

Busy afternoon yesterday, then rain & more hail made an appearance and everyone stayed home (very understandable). Between the last 2 hail storms, DH's truck was hit pretty bad so we'll have to get that fixed, once he can get fit in among the 130+ other vehicles in the area being fixed.

@Michelle Farmer-Brown I like your idea about working a food truck with you! That would be fun. Not sure about moving to Alberta though (someone ;) has mentioned their long winters). Maybe we both just relocate to meet 1/2 way :gig

@NickyKnack enjoy your yard work reprieve! Love that little dancing penguin avatar.

@sourland sorry about all the rain. Does your grandson have any ball games coming up?

Chilly day here, we're only going to see mid-50's.

Good morning!

Busy afternoon yesterday, then rain & more hail made an appearance and everyone stayed home (very understandable). Between the last 2 hail storms, DH's truck was hit pretty bad so we'll have to get that fixed, once he can get fit in among the 130+ other vehicles in the area being fixed.

@Michelle Farmer-Brown I like your idea about working a food truck with you! That would be fun. Not sure about moving to Alberta though (someone ;) has mentioned their long winters). Maybe we both just relocate to meet 1/2 way :gig

@NickyKnack enjoy your yard work reprieve! Love that little dancing penguin avatar.

@sourland sorry about all the rain. Does your grandson have any ball games coming up?

There's Lethbridge... their weather is much milder than here...

You know, you two characters could set up your food truck in Cowley...just sayin....

Therapy didn't go well yesterday. Kendra just can't get the hang of the mouse, and my computer is a touch screen so we thought we'd try that. Nope. I can't even tell you how many times she just randomly pressed, swiped, or touched something that closed out the entire session and we had to start over. She's so doggone fast that she'd hit the screen even as our hands were reaching for hers to stop her. <sigh> Well, guess we keep practicing.

Raining here too, but no hail so far, thankfully. Ken found a puppy he wants so badly he can taste it! But I keep seeing muddy pawprints all over the floor and furniture. As much as I missed Molly-ka-Polly when she died, I'd be lying if I said there are things I have enjoyed about not having a dog - I sure don't miss the dog hair, muddy prints, hearing the sound of erfing on the carpet in the middle of the night. I don't know if I want to start that all over again. Then there's the issue of traveling, but since this is a breed of dog our entire family has wanted since 1983 when we encountered our first one, and this one is right here in Cowley I may be outgunned. Tam immediately jumped into the conversation and said that she and Evan would be happy to have Pup stay at their house when we're gone. Her and her helpful but big mouth are the very reason we got chickens in the first place! So, here I sit - Ken's on his way to Sheridan and I'm sitting here waiting for an appointment to go over and "just look at it for me, honey".

@007Sean I had to wrangle a couple of pheasants last night too...had to move them from one wall to another. ;)

IMG_1555.JPG

@N F C, so many ball games have been canceled due to rain that there is no way they can be made up. State championship tournament starts on Monday. I believe it is an instant elimination series - in order to move on they must win.

'Play for pay' ball starts in June. We're looking forward to that as complex is only 5 or 10 minutes from home. Minimum drive to high school games has been an hour and a quarter each way - but we get to stop at Friendly's on the way home. :drool Love their ice cream.

@NickyKnack , that fence and lawn are going to be there next week a little more rusty and somewhat longer. Whatya gonna do then ? :lau
Curse my luck and circumstance? :giglol! I'll convince myself the grass isn't really that long and the fence isn't really that rusted. :lau

Good morning!

Thanks Debby! As do I, I kind of collected him from another site. He remains me of Happy feet.

Back
Top Bottom