The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

OHLD - hope your eye gets better soon. Ouch! Poor you!

Sunflour, have you got over your bout of pneumonia? I hope you are feeling much better (and didn't need too many shots)!

Teila, glad your babies made the trip safely. Hope you don't miss them too much.

Blooie, I've double checked the floor of the aviary and there are no holes anywhere. Because it's in a temporary place my DH nailed planks of wood under it with tiny gaps between for water to drain. And any space (like under the corrugated iron roof) was sealed up with expandafoam stuff so the finches didn't squeeze out. And my Java mother still has 6 eggs. So fingers crossed that nightmare is over!

My older 3 Javas are the mottly crew at the moment. They are quite nervous but I know that most birds are nervous as juveniles and mellow out once they mature. Here are a few photos:

Cloud on the left with Hiccup on the right:
Cloud and Hiccup.jpg

Cloud:
Cloud.jpg

Hiccup:
Hiccup.jpg

Rowdy:
Rowdy.jpg

I made those photos small on my computer but they've still come out huge (and I hate having to click on a thumbnail to view a photo so I'll just take up some room with my pics).

I've finally worked out how to actually quote a post on this site. Then I thought I'd lost all of my work here as I hit the back button instead of loading the whole thread again - thankfully everything was still there. I'm slowly getting the hang of this site.

Sunflour, have you got over your bout of pneumonia? I hope you are feeling much better (and didn't need too many shots)!

Yep, I think I am FINALLY over it ( had 3 shots!!! and over 10 days of oral antibiotics) - our office manager put me out of work until I was totally well, so had over a week to rest, sleep, and try to learn the new software functions on BYH. It also gave me some time to visit and bond with my newbies - they are growing like weeds - this pic is 8 days ago :

IMG_0504.jpg

Except for Violet ( the one with the toenail loss) I cannot tell them apart. Have been taming them with scrambled egg - and now it's difficult to clean their brooder - they all want to get on mom's hand :love.

I've finally worked out how to actually quote a post on this site. Then I thought I'd lost all of my work here as I hit the back button instead of loading the whole thread again - thankfully everything was still there. I'm slowly getting the hang of this site.

Thanks for the back button tip - could come in handy :)

I made those photos small on my computer but they've still come out huge (and I hate having to click on a thumbnail to view a photo so I'll just take up some room with my pics).

I like the full sized pics - so much easier to enjoy.

Sunflour hope you feel lots better soon. Is Buddy helping out in the kitchen?
I figure he'd bring you a breakfast tray at least.

Hi DD, I am pretty much back to normal.

Buddy helped me a lot the week I was out of work, we took naps together :D.
He hasn't been interested in baking lately, just eating.

Good morning everyone! Nice to hear everyone's news. Teila, your final move must be gating close! Glad the pets made it safely.

Just been busy working and working in the garden. Not much new here in my section of the southwest.

Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom