The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

OMG, poor Opie - the procedure should not change his playful personality - but he won't be very happy for a few days.

Glad your DH is feeling some better. I think you said it was a foot surgery, what was the specific procedure?

Likely no final breed selection until the chicks arrive - thought about just BR's - but that would put Lily as the only one different and not a fair balance. I so love the BO's - but the broodiness is a bother....but DH is leaning toward the same mix 50-50 BR/BO like my original flock. Hoping to get a list of what breeds will arrive on the same day and pick from that?

DH had a bunionectomy (or bobectomy according to the hospital chart
lol.png
). Once he's feeling a bit better, he has to have a hernia repair done. Fun times here, let me tell you!

So you're getting the new chicks from a feed store? Hope they're all girls!

DH had a bunionectomy (or bobectomy according to the hospital chart :lol: ). Once he's feeling a bit better, he has to have a hernia repair done. Fun times here, let me tell you!

I had a bunionectomy years ago. No pain like foot pain!! The absolute worst. Much worse than a c-section birth even. So I feel for him. And you for being on the other end of it. :D

Hubby had hernia repair a couple months ago too. Major one. 12" incision. He's cleared to lift 20 pounds now. Lol!

I had a bunionectomy years ago. No pain like foot pain!! The absolute worst. Much worse than a c-section birth even. So I feel for him. And you for being on the other end of it.
big_smile.png

Hubby had hernia repair a couple months ago too. Major one. 12" incision. He's cleared to lift 20 pounds now. Lol!

We could almost open our own recuperative clinic WV, lol.

Glad your DH is doing better now. Don't hurt yourself lugging around the heavier stuff!

DH had a bunionectomy (or bobectomy according to the hospital chart
lol.png
). Once he's feeling a bit better, he has to have a hernia repair done. Fun times here, let me tell you!

foot surgery is painful. And another surgery to come - not a lot of fun going on for y'all.

There's a pet/feed store just a couple of minutes from here - that's where my current flock came from - a lot easier to travel 2-5 minutes vs mail order or long drives elsewhere:)

foot surgery is painful. And another surgery to come - not a lot of fun going on for y'all.

There's a pet/feed store just a couple of minutes from here - that's where my current flock came from - a lot easier to travel 2-5 minutes vs mail order or long drives elsewhere:)

That's great you can pick out the ones you want so close to home...saves the stress of transporting them long distances.

Hope you know you have to share pictures, lots of pictures, when you get your new little ones!

I'd say we could back up a small pharmacy! Lol

You should see us at the feed store. Him holding my purse while I load the feed bags.
gig.gif

OMG, I can only imagine some of the looks he must get for standing by while you load, lol.

I'd say we could back up a small pharmacy! Lol

You should see us at the feed store. Him holding my purse while I load the feed bags.
gig.gif
lau.gif

That's great you can pick out the ones you want so close to home...saves the stress of transporting them long distances.

Hope you know you have to share pictures, lots of pictures, when you get your new little ones!
Yes, loads of pics. But for now a lot of work to get the garage cleared and the nursery painted.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom