The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Loving mine too!

Oh, that chart thing on their website, apparently goes on body size and if you sleep on your back or side, etc. But I think there are still only a few results. In stores, we only had 2 choices. The box had a chart, basically based on your size. I guess they think bigger/heavier people need a firmer pillow. We did the same as you and your DH, and I can tell a difference also.
Do it!!
big_smile.png

Oops, lost my Jae quote. Adorable finches! And your OEGB girl was lovely. I breed silver duckwing OEGBs.
smile.png

LOL, it's like we're turning into a Love MyPillow thread!

I have been curious how everyone's pillows have been working out? Did I miss the reviews on them? Especially that My Pillow, anyone like theirs?
The jury is still out here. I"m having a hard time getting used to it. Some nights it seems fine, others not so much. How long before the "lumpy" feeling goes away? Not big lumps, just the little odd shaped pieces in there are kinda bumpy. Wonder if I got one that's just too hard for me.....

We will have to sell some, otherwise we'll be overrun! I don't really want to but you can't keep them all. We had them inside for awhile but the eggs dried out too quickly and never hatched. They were in open canary pans inside (they ignored the boxes when we tried them) which would've reduced the humidity around the eggs. So I'm glad they finally have babies.
Kenny used to raise Zebra Finches and Society Finches. He loved them. He was only 8 but he took his responsibility very seriously. Those things bred like rabbits! Ken built him a small aviary and Kenny took such good care of those birds that Ken also got him some Button Quail to keep in the bottom of it. Zebra Finches must be the noisiest little critters on the planet!

Still snowing here. Been snowing since Tuesday. This storm was supposed to stay north but it took a dip into northern Wyoming then moved into central Wyoming. Now there's another storm behind it and it's going to pull the one that's in the center of the state back up into Montana. Know what that means? We are stuck in the middle as it travels south, then back north, then back south again. So no end in sight for us the next several days. One neighbor's patio roof collapsed, so Ken, with his bad arm and shoulder, went out, got up on a ladder and cleared the snow off ours. Grrrrrrrr He finally got an appointment with the surgeon for March 7, so he'll just be going in as Debby's DH is recovering.

Last edited:
Well I didn't like "My Pillow," I couldn't stand those things inside. I'm like the "Princess and the Pea," the tiniest things drive me batty. My sister has them and of course thinks they are wonderful. I have never given in to peer pressure.

But for those that want them -Bed,Bath & Beyond has them and with BB& B's 20 % off cpn. you save yourself some $$$

What I am using now I got at Kohls- when they had holiday sales and gimmicky discounts galore. It's a Sealy* something (forgive me for I am old) and I got x-tra firm. I like a pillow I can smack into shape. It doesn't go flat but it goes to the wrong places . A few punches to the ends and then the middle and it's good to go. Plus that's my strenuous exercise for the day.

Kohls frequently has the pillows 50% off so I think they were $ 14.99 each, minus senior discount and whatever else you can use. I got 2 for me and 2 for my brother and l for the other bedroom (only a single bed)

* if anyone wants to know the full product name, I'll go find the plastic wrapper it came in.

Took some digging to find this old picture that probably no one is particularly interested in seeing, but after all that work I'm posting it anyway! This was son Kenny and daughter Terrin with the first Zebra finches Kenny hatched, taken right after they fledged. Finches aren't known for being very "people friendly" but the ones his first pair hatched out sure were. Used to drive him crazy when he'd go out to clean or feed them and those 4 little stinkers would sit on his head the whole time. Not the best quality photo - it's an old Polaroid...

The jury is still out here. I"m having a hard time getting used to it. Some nights it seems fine, others not so much. How long before the "lumpy" feeling goes away? Not big lumps, just the little odd shaped pieces in there are kinda bumpy. Wonder if I got one that's just too hard for me.....

Kenny used to raise Zebra Finches and Society Finches. He loved them. He was only 8 but he took his responsibility very seriously. Those things bred like rabbits! Ken built him a small aviary and Kenny took such good care of those birds that Ken also got him some Button Quail to keep in the bottom of it. Zebra Finches must be the noisiest little critters on the planet!

Still snowing here. Been snowing since Tuesday. This storm was supposed to stay north but it took a dip into northern Wyoming then moved into central Wyoming. Now there's another storm behind it and it's going to pull the one that's in the center of the state back up into Montana. Know what that means? We are stuck in the middle as it travels south, then back north, then back south again. So no end in sight for us the next several days. One neighbor's patio roof collapsed, so Ken, with his bad arm and shoulder, went out, got up on a ladder and cleared the snow off ours. Grrrrrrrr He finally got an appointment with the surgeon for March 7, so he'll just be going in as Debby's DH is recovering.

You have your Holiday Inn pillow, right Blooie (I think that's where you got one)? How's that working out for you?

No snow here, at least yet. Guess there's a chance for tomorrow but maybe you're going to keep it all to yourself, lol.

Shame on Ken! Being a good neighbor is one thing, but he has to baby that shoulder and arm. Sounds as pig-headed as another man I know.

And I loved the picture you shared of Kenny and his sister with the finches! Does he keep any sort of birds now?

Well I didn't like "My Pillow," I couldn't stand those things inside. I'm like the "Princess and the Pea," the tiniest things drive me batty. My sister has them and of course thinks they are wonderful. I have never given in to peer pressure.

But for those that want them -Bed,Bath & Beyond has them and with BB& B's 20 % off cpn. you save yourself some $$$

What I am using now I got at Kohls- when they had holiday sales and gimmicky discounts galore. It's a Sealy* something (forgive me for I am old) and I got x-tra firm. I like a pillow I can smack into shape. It doesn't go flat but it goes to the wrong places . A few punches to the ends and then the middle and it's good to go. Plus that's my strenuous exercise for the day.

Kohls frequently has the pillows 50% off so I think they were $ 14.99 each, minus senior discount and whatever else you can use. I got 2 for me and 2 for my brother and l for the other bedroom (only a single bed)

* if anyone wants to know the full product name, I'll go find the plastic wrapper it came in.

Your pillow punches are how I shape my MyPillow, lol. Nice to know it counts as good exercise!

Back
Top Bottom